Disc Brake Knuckles? (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

C6H12O6

SILVER Star
Threads
I'm looking for the disc brake parts for a conversion on my 40. Somebody in the club had a 60 front axle. I think it was Chad's, but somebody else was buying it, and it was being stored in the dirt at somebody's house. Sound familiar?

I think I need:
  • Knuckles
  • Outer axles
  • Calipers
  • Rotors
  • Steering arm
  • Maybe some steering pieces to be able to run the larger tie rod ends
Anybody know where that 60 axle ended up? Anybody have something similar laying around that they want to part with for a good guy price? Pretty much the whole brake system is shot on my 40. I don't really want to keep pumping money into the old drum system.

PM me here or email me at stevenlent@mac.com.

Steve

Sweet. I may be ready to move on that sooner than later. I'm replacing the rear wheel cylinders, but don't want to throw any money I don't have to at the fronts. Might just make more sense to do the swap now if I can't clean the front wheel cylinders up a little.

Engine fired right up and sounds ok. Wicked exhaust leaks from the crappy headers, but I have a good set of old Downey headers to go on. Just need to get a new gasket. And a new muffler. And some new pipe bent up to put it all together. And... $$$.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom