Disc Brake conversion help in/near Nashville, TN (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Threads
Hi all,

I have a 1972 FJ40 in Nashville TN with the original drum brakes that I would like to convert to disc brakes (front only). I'm still pretty new to working on the cruiser myself and would be more comfortable with a professional doing this type of install. Does anyone know a good shop near Nashville that will do this work? Most of the places I've called have said that they aren't willing to touch it. Would love to get some recommendations here if possible.

Thanks in advance.

Raleigh

You can use the search function for this section and also look in FAQ's at the top of this page. This project has been done a lot. To use all Toyota parts, you'll need to find probably used donor parts and buy some new service parts to do the job correctly. It's a messy job but not overly difficult. If you want some help, you should go to the Clubhouse section at the top of this page and scroll down to the TN and post a request for help. You will at least get some guidance or help locally or a reference to a local repair shop that can do the work you want.

You can use the search function for this section and also look in FAQ's at the top of this page. This project has been done a lot. To use all Toyota parts, you'll need to find probably used donor parts and buy some new service parts to do the job correctly. It's a messy job but not overly difficult. If you want some help, you should go to the Clubhouse section at the top of this page and scroll down to the TN and post a request for help. You will at least get some guidance or help locally or a reference to a local repair shop that can do the work you want.
Great. Thank you for the nudge in the right direction.

There are a handful of us that could do it with/for you for less I'll bet. There's about 25 of us that communicate regularly in the Nashville area. We'll be getting together again in a couple of weeks or so. PM me if you want to get to know us. I'm from way back... First FJ40 in the 80s.

There are a handful of us that could do it with/for you for less I'll bet. There's about 25 of us that communicate regularly in the Nashville area. We'll be getting together again in a couple of weeks or so. PM me if you want to get to know us. I'm from way back... First FJ40 in the 80s.
I'm planning a summer disc brake conversion on a 71 front axle. IH8MUD and YouTube are me current instructors. I've got new and donor parts from a 60 for the task. I would love to pull the axle and bring it to Nashville, and have someone go through the conversion with me. A rare moment in time has occurred that I have the time and the money at the same time to work on my 40. I've got two 40's, a 71 and a 72. This would be the first of the two conversions. I'm 2 hours west of Nashville, in Bolivar TN.

Contact me directly if you would like to start the planning process. thanks,
Michael
423-716-3154
mklws@hotmail.com

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom