disc brake brake line 76 FJ40 Front (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Threads
Broke the metal line that goes from my passenger side caliper to the juntion block on the back of the rotor dust shield having a heck of a time finding one any body have any ideas TIA

Broke the metal line that goes from my passenger side caliper to the juntion block on the back of the rotor dust shield having a heck of a time finding one any body have any ideas TIA

1-Buy from Toyota-same as FJ60, I think

2-Bend your own-PepBoys has the 3/16 tube and 10 x 1 metric fittings insanely cheap.

3-Bend and flare your own-Classic Tube has fittings that look/seem like OEM. They have a 25 foot roll of 3/16 tube for like $12 and the fittings for $1 each.

4-Soft line directly from axle to caliper. Works fine and I ran like that several seasons.

Like Drew said, but I think the "short side" is available, but the long side is not.
Bending and flaring is not that difficult.....because I did it on all my brake lines.;) Be not afraid.

GL

Ed

went to napa bought 8" line bent it up and screwed it in good luck

I just did this last week, the 8 inch line is just long enough but you need to start the bend right at the nut on the caliper side first. I used a small round srewdriver handle to make the bend as smooth as possible. Buy an extra one while your there, I think it was between $2 and $3. they tried to give me a standard thread first so keep them on their toes.

Best way to bend a tube by hand is to wrap it with a similar OD spring. (Home Depot etc has these for cheap) Slip the tube into the spring and bend away. This will prevent any kinking in the line...

:cheers:

pickup a quality flare tool and bend your own...
you'll be surprised how easy it is.

The caliper to junction tube is available prebent from Toyota for ~$5.

Well worth it IME to have two new flex hoses, the L & R caliper tubes and a set of loaded reman calipers when doing a frt brake job.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom