Wanted Disc brake axle or conversion parts (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

rockcod

No Brain, No Headache!
SILVER Star
Threads
Looking for a disc brake front axle or conversion parts for my drum front axle. So. Cal area would be nice.
Thanks.

Talk to me Goose. PM sent.

If this is for an early ball and claw axle with corse spline axles it's going to be easier to replace you whole axle. 72 would be a Birfield fine splined inner axles, 63 and 65 would have been a ball and claw.:cheers:

who is "goose"?! :p

Who is Goose???? he was Tom Cruise' navigator in Top Gun, Maverick and Goose.

John,

Yes, it is for the 45, I will not be using the front axle. I have an empty housing from a 74 I would use for the just the conversion parts, but I was looking into what an entire axle swap would be money and work wise.

Thanks for looking out for me :D

BTT

Anyone have mini truck outers and birfields?

hey tony.
call me when you get a chance.
georg

Parts found and in transit.

Thanks Georg and Dan!!!

I'd like to see the finished project

Hey Rockcod. It's Iceman (hey after all I'm in Canada). :rolleyes:

I'd like to see how you did the install. I've got my 45 running discs up front now, but with no power.

Can you post some pics?

Thanks.

Hijack but I found this thread with a search.
I got my 72 front axle apart and it has Ball and claw. Do I need to find a complete axle or can I convert for disc with a mini? everything I read for the most part says I should have Birfields but the FSM says it could have either.

'72 SHOULD NOT be ball and claw. If yours has been swapped, you need to find a newer housing that is not ball and claw, and do the conversion, or better yet, try to find a disc front end.

Shawn

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom