Disappointing Findings With Aftermarket Denso Parts (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Threads
Well, I thought I was doing the right thing by going aftermarket "OEM Supplier" Denso (pn: Denso 1433045 sourced from RockAuto) on some maintenance items . But, after comparing the air filter with the Factory unit, I going to be sticking with factory from now on...

The overall assembly and design is much better from the factory (notice the casing is formed with the ridges):
IMG_5448.jpeg

Japan markings on the factory filter:
IMG_5450.jpeg

Sealing Rubber Gasket is formed into the factory unit vs stretched over the aftermarket piece:

IMG_5449.jpeg

I also found the the WIX fuel filter (pn: WIX 33526 sourced from RockAuto) was Chinese (Always been a fan of WIX as most of their products seem to be made in the USA). And, WIX Cabin Air Filter (pn: WIX 24908 sourced from RockAuto) only comes with one filter (when all other brands come with the two that are needed, the singe filter is only noted in the expanded parts notes)...

Guess I learned my lesson...
🤦‍♂️🤦‍♂️🤦‍♂️

yea, sadly Denso products are suffering from cost cutting/ offshore production like every other brand. I have a Denso radiator that feels as flimsy as AutoZone garbage now.
Just a few more dollars for genuine OEM from the dealer, i think it's worth it.

There is DENSO Japan parts

then there are

DENSO global parts

DENSO usa made stuff too

its gotten interesting for sure ?

meanwhile

remember what was and will never be again ..............

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom