Disabling Auto Door Lock on '92 FJ80 (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Threads
The last two times I have cleaned snow off my 92 Cruiser, my Land Cruiser locked me out with the motor running. :crybaby:
This is '92 which has NO alarm system from the factory The doors will lock randomly and automatically after a while once the motor is running. First, I NEVER EVER want my Land Cruiser to lock any doors unless I push some button or something. The funny thing is my 1991 FJ80 does not have that "feature".
I see lots of posts about autolock disabling for FZJ80's, but not finding anything for the older ones, which do not have an alarm system.
Help!

I would guess that you do have some type of alarm system installed. You might want to do more investigation.

Worse case, I can just unplug the electrical to the lock mechanism. But it is clearly not just a loose wire, because when the car is turned off, all the doors immediately unlock.

Then you have an alarm system somewhere.

So, I'm not saying there isn't some hidden electrical trash somewhere.
But why would activating an alarm lock the thief safely in the vehicle away from the rightful owner rather than shutting off the electrical, beeping the horn, flashing the lights, stabbing them through the seat fabric, or something else useful? Why go to the trouble of selling and then installing something (with difficulty) that has no effect on security?

My truck had the rs3000 on it when I got it, but it had no key fobs.

My doors would lock when I went into gear and eventually it freaked out and locked me out and disabled the ignition.

I unlocked it with the key, got out my tool kit, and unhooked the battery to clear it

I hooked up the battery, drove home and spent the next 3 hours removing every last bit of it.

I suggest you look under your driver's seat and behind the left kick panel to see if there is one. Otherwise, it's what @jonheld said and you need to find which door is shorting.

Worse case, I can just unplug the electrical to the lock mechanism. But it is clearly not just a loose wire, because when the car is turned off, all the doors immediately unlock.
To be clear, what you describe above is not how the OEM system was designed. With no aftermarket/port installed/"some guy" installed system, doors DO NOT automatically lock/unlock with the ignition key. You have something else in play.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom