Builds Dirty Koala Build - Cummins 6BT + NV4500 + HF2AV Swap (2 Viewers)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

I actually went back to a single solenoid a few years ago after adding a second start battery in parallel. I was able to simplify my wiring setup significantly.
After five years, how has the two solenoid setup on the starting system performed?

I actually went back to a single solenoid a few years ago after adding a second start battery in parallel. I was able to simplify my wiring setup significantly.
Copy that. Is your starting system still isolated? I deleted my sunroof and have plans to move my starting circuit to the sunroof area. The plan is to have a push button starting circuit much like in a race car (street outlaws style). What factors made you use the ford solenoid over stock dodge electronics (on the starting system)?

Copy that. Is your starting system still isolated? I deleted my sunroof and have plans to move my starting circuit to the sunroof area. The plan is to have a push button starting circuit much like in a race car (street outlaws style). What factors made you use the ford solenoid over stock dodge electronics (on the starting system)?
I have my grid heaters on dodge solenoids being triggered by an 80 series rear defrost switch that I modified to be a momentary switch. The ingnition circuit is being triggered by the factory 80 ignition wiring...so no, not isolated. I don't think there was any science behind the ford solenoid choice, other that it works and they are readily available.

Just read through this thread, really nice work with lots of great tech too.

Any updates on the build?
Thank you, glad it's been helpful.

Nothing new lately, I have been busy with the turbo LX and planning a home build. Now that the weather has warmed up, I will have more desire to get out into the garage and get cracking on it once again.

@Dirty Koala Any updates on this rig?

I am pulling the body off my '96 this weekend(or next), and have been working with a few folks to run down the last of my parts. The 12 valve is built and will be married to the fully rebuilt NV4500 soon.

@Dirty Koala Any updates on this rig?

I am pulling the body off my '96 this weekend(or next), and have been working with a few folks to run down the last of my parts. The 12 valve is built and will be married to the fully rebuilt NV4500 soon.
Nothing new on this build, been busy building a new home…but I do need to get cracking on it as I want it all back together before the new home is finished. There will be a bunch of new cool conversion parts going on when this goes back together again though. The motor is getting a few upgrades too…better fueling, more turbo, better rods and valve springs.

Nothing new on this build, been busy building a new home…but I do need to get cracking on it as I want it all back together before the new home is finished. There will be a bunch of new cool conversion parts going on when this goes back together again though. The motor is getting a few upgrades too…better fueling, more turbo, better rods and valve springs.
just what this truck needs.....more power. LOL

Here is a link to the info about the coating that Tenacity is using. I wanted one that was UV stable, very tough but remains flexible. I also wanted a professional looking job as I was never happy with the elcheapo Monstaliner job that I did myself. It’s definitely a lot of work if you want a full color change like I have done, which adds to the cost, but it’s still below a comparable color change in regular paint.
Link is now dead.
I can't find any info on their new site. Does anyone know of competitors using a similar mixture? This is the first liner job I could live with.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom