Builds Dirty Koala Build - Cummins 6BT + NV4500 + HF2AV Swap (4 Viewers)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

I was able to wedge the PS pump/vacuum pump out in one piece. It was a tight fit but was able to get it out from the top.

Are you using ATF or PS fluid in your steering pump? I’m due for a flush and have PS fluid in there currently.

I was able to wedge the PS pump/vacuum pump out in one piece. It was a tight fit but was able to get it out from the top.
I took it out from the bottom, if it has to come out again I will try from the top.

Are you using ATF or PS fluid in your steering pump? I’m due for a flush and have PS fluid in there currently.
I am using ATF as that is what the box has always had.

My 2M VHF radio has an NMO antenna cable/mount in the middle of my roof which posed a problem since ai am going to be putting a RTT on the rack soon.

The solution I came up with was to use a few adapters and a 4ft cable so I can relocate the antenna out to the edge of the rack.
20180411_141426.jpg

20180411_141414.jpg

20180411_141401.jpg

I re-did some more electrical under the hood to tidy things up. All battery cables in the truck are now 1/0 AWG cable.
20180411_190750.jpg

Today I finished up the bulk of my electrical work and got my speski installed.

• Ran cables from the House battery in the drawers to the Quarter Panel
  • Flipped the PUMA compressor 180 degrees to clear the Speski.
  • Installed the Speski Barrier (had to cut new threads on one welded nut)
  • Ran cables from house battery to bus bars under center console.
  • Wired up the volt meter on the dash to read both start batteries voltage and house battery voltage with a toggle switch.
  • Re-wired PUMA pump to the fuse panel in Quarter panel.
  • Re-wired ARB fridge to the fuse panel.
  • Put the quarter panel plastic back on
  • Put my drawer passenger wing and house battery box lid back on.
20180411_184429.jpg
20180411_190707.jpg
20180411_184604.jpg
20180411_233453.jpg

That antenna is going to be ripped off by trees the first time you go wheeling.

Why not put it at the front middle of the rack, or the back middle?

Storage is looking good!!

That antenna is going to be ripped off by trees the first time you go wheeling.

Why not put it at the front middle of the rack, or the back middle?

Storage is looking good!!
I need to clear the RTT. Once I get the tent on and see how much clearance I have I might move it

The antenna might get ripped off in heavily wooded trails like @GLTHFJ60 has in NC, but if you're moving to Utah soon, you'll be fine 90% of the time. Lots of open desert out here.

I was specifically thinking NJ/NY/PA where Morgan lives currently. He (used to) wheel a lot at Rausch Creek in PA, which will remove that antenna.

If moving to utah, feel free to ignore me :p

The antenna might get ripped off in heavily wooded trails like @GLTHFJ60 has in NC, but if you're moving to Utah soon, you'll be fine 90% of the time. Lots of open desert out here.
Yes I am relocating out to Salt Lake City area...I am on my way there now. Going to drop the cruiser at a mates place and then fly back to NJ on Monday. Will fly back out to UT on the 24th, work a few days and then meet up with the guys on the 27th for a week of South West Adventuring. The 80 will be staying in UT until I move out there.

I was specifically thinking NJ/NY/PA where Morgan lives currently. He (used to) wheel a lot at Rausch Creek in PA, which will remove that antenna.

If moving to utah, feel free to ignore me :p

Been driving since noon yesterday on my way to UT, 3 miles before hitting Indiana on I-80 I feel the truck wobble and see my passenger rear wheel is shaking in the mirror.

I pull off the road onto a flat grassy area about 60 feet from the road edge to determine what is going on.

I broke out the @AdventureToolCompany shop roll and yanked the wheel. I found 5 wheel studs had snapped and the one remaining was bent and barely holding the wheel on...sh!t
20180413_134040.jpg

20180413_130524.jpg

My theory is I either didn't properly tighten the lugs that hold the spacer to the hub, or the spacer itself just sucks...or the Cummins torque sheared them...I am leaning towards the spacer being the root of the issue. I am going to ditch the spacers and get some wheels that don't require them.
20180413_130507.jpg

After straightening the one remaing stud I put the wheel back on and set her down.
20180413_125634.jpg

20180413_134003.jpg

I gave @beno a call...as I do everytime I blow something up. Onur figured out the closest Toyota dealer to my location, which is about 60 miles up I-80 in Eckhart, IN. With Onur provided part numbers in hand, I placed an order. They are going to have my 24 wheel studs tomorrow morning.

Booked a hotel room near the dealership and now I am just waiting on Mr AAA to come give us a lift...will fix the hub in the hotel parking lot tomorrow morning....really hope it doesn't rain tomorrow.

Waited for an hour for the trooper to arrive...She was like "I dont care...I wouldn't want to sit on the edge of the road for 3 hrs either."

now I have to ride with this tool for an hour or so to Eckhart.

Punch him in the throat when you get out.
This tool bag has a serious case of nepoleonism!

Just waiting for a mate
20180413_161217.jpg

This is the most uncomfortable ride...silence.

I have to give a shout out to @jonheld and Rami for designing and building a kickarse camp table. Today I used the folding aluminum table top as a base plate for my bottle jack since the ground was soft...If worked great and didn't even damage the table top.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom