Builds Dirty Koala Build - Cummins 6BT + NV4500 + HF2AV Swap (3 Viewers)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Looking great. What is the coating again? How does the price compare to a normal paint job? I’m thinking of doing the 75 in some sort of bed liner. There is no way I can get the body straight enough to pay for real paint. Plus it will be used and abused.

Here is a link to the info about the coating that Tenacity is using. I wanted one that was UV stable, very tough but remains flexible. I also wanted a professional looking job as I was never happy with the elcheapo Monstaliner job that I did myself. It’s definitely a lot of work if you want a full color change like I have done, which adds to the cost, but it’s still below a comparable color change in regular paint.

That looks awesome. I'm not sure if I can bear to line the whole body when I get the paint done but this makes it very tempting!
I already had lined this with Monstaliner, which is what it is. This color change and a bunch of body work is far nicer than anything I could have done myself. If you use your truck Offroad much, it doesn’t take long to destroy a nice paint job. My other 80 has a lot of pinstriping...still trying to figure out what I want to do with that one. This product eliminates all the worries of scratch’s, which is what I wanted for this truck as I use it hard.

Liner gets a bad rap but if done correctly it’s awesome. I wish mine didn’t discolor but you look like you won’t have to worry about that.

I already had lined this with Monstaliner, which is what it is. This color change and a bunch of body work is far nicer than anything I could have done myself. If you use your truck Offroad much, it doesn’t take long to destroy a nice paint job. My other 80 has a lot of pinstriping...still trying to figure out what I want to do with that one. This product eliminates all the worries of scratch’s, which is what I wanted for this truck as I use it hard.

Liner gets a bad rap but if done correctly it’s awesome. I wish mine didn’t discolor but you look like you won’t have to worry about that.
Yes you are right Ryan, and most of that bad rap is justified because most folks do the DIY jobs (raptor line, monster line etc. which are never going to turn out like a pro job. Line-x and other high end pro products like what I have had done are a different game altogether. This product is 100% UV stable so won’t have any color fade or chalking. When I get it back I’ll get some better quality pictures, as these quick snaps don’t really do it any justice.

Last night I took all the new window glass and a full set of new door locks & ignition lock from @Delta VS down to the shop. I figured since the doors are already apart, I might as well put in new locks...it’s amazing how satisfying putting a key into a brand new lock feels compared to one that has had 24 years of use. The LX needs that treatment also!

I took a few more pics to try and capture the color and texture, which these do a little bit better than the last ones, but still don’t do it justice. I am just going to have to wait until I get it back and get some pics in the sunlight.

A405238C-C6C9-407F-800E-43471BBB221C.jpeg
BA8CAE2D-840D-47F6-A974-EFC019203426.jpeg
8663F8AE-7D1B-44CD-B967-B16B1E170A28.jpeg

I have to say, I think the best looking liner job I’ve seen. That would sway me to do it. Although I’m sure if I learned the cost, I’d be swayed right back the other way. :rofl:

I have to say, I think the best looking liner job I’ve seen. That would sway me to do it. Although I’m sure if I learned the cost, I’d be swayed right back the other way. :rofl:
Just wait till it's all back together and I get some good pics out in the sunlight. The cost is definately a lot more than buying a few cans of any of the DIY liner products, but I have been there done that and wanted something better. I like the look of traditional auto paint...when it's in great condition, but hate how easily it gets banged up if you actually use the truck offroad, which I do. This to me was the perfect solution, looks great, texture is great, incredibly durable and the color has a ton of depth to it. That being said, it's still less expensive that doing the same job (full color change) using automotive paint.

Last night I took all the new window glass and a full set of new door locks & ignition lock from @Delta VS down to the shop. I figured since the doors are already apart, I might as well put in new locks...it’s amazing how satisfying putting a key into a brand new lock feels compared to one that has had 24 years of use. The LX needs that treatment also!

I took a few more pics to try and capture the color and texture, which these do a little bit better than the last ones, but still don’t do it justice. I am just going to have to wait until I get it back and get some pics in the sunlight.

View attachment 2485400View attachment 2485401View attachment 2485402
Really looking good. Haven't been a liner fan before either, but these pictures do look pretty great...excited to see it finished.

This morning I got my 80 back home, the guys at Tenacity Overland knocked it out of the park! This color is exactly what I was going for and the texture is perfect.

While everything was all apart I decided to replace all the glass with new OEM and replace the locks (ignition, front doors, rear hatch and glovebox) with new matched set from @Delta VS. I have new emblems to go on, but will wait until it’s warmer before trying to put them on.

Now I need to get cracking on the motor rebuild !

B77E94E5-607C-45EB-865D-6BD7FF046B9D.jpeg

1EC92C1D-8983-44CE-8D23-D7CA0A98A7A4.jpeg

FC0F4F29-E190-46BD-B71B-BD1946654E97.jpeg

CD979AE4-0A41-4C4A-ADBA-1C3DED2DD4B1.jpeg

That color looks different in every picture. Is it closer to silver or a medium grey?

That color looks different in every picture. Is it closer to silver or a medium grey?
Different angles relevant to the sun and having the clear coat makes it look to have different shades. The color is Ford Abyss Grey. It’s in the medium/dark grey family, definitely not in the silver family.

Looks great! How that finish hold up to pin-striping when hitting the trails? Also does it have a bit of a semi gloss finish to it? And is a satin finish an option?
This finish is super resistant to scratches, it is a Bedliner product that has a Kevlar additive and a clear topcoat for UV protection.

Looks great! I think you swayed me to do the same thing on the 75 build.
I am super happy with how it came out. Has all the benefits of Bedliner with none of the DIY bedliner drawbacks.

Starting to get a bit cold here in Northern Utah, so decided to get this big ole bumper back on the cruiser before it gets buried in snow and my motivation to go and work outside evaporates. Parts going back on is definitely more satisfying than taking them off.
0254D49A-E8FA-47B2-906B-51660642D9D5.jpeg

w far you have come since the pics you showed me on the tr
I have been slow rolling a bit, but plan is to rebuild the motor over the winter and then stuff it back in during the spring.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom