Expedition Dirt Sunrise - Tim and Kelsey Get Lost... (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

We make it over to the western side of Argentina, find some water, have delicious empanadas, head over a rainy pass to not only the cooler temps we have been dreaming of but a beautiful desert.
Double thumbs up.

We head for Salta, then south to Cafayate, where we spend a whole week! Hanging out with friends, enjoying the wine and climate, before we decide it's time to move again and this time we head North on the Ruta 40 to discover the random beauty of northwestern Argentina.

We head for Salta, then south to Cafayate, where we spend a whole week! Hanging out with friends, enjoying the wine and climate, before we decide it's time to move again and this time we head North on the Ruta 40 to discover the random beauty of northwestern Argentina.

Let me know if you are traveling thru central New Mexico.

For some reason, I kept thinking about muddy Brazil while I was on infinite washboard in the noisy 40 today.

Let me know if you are traveling thru central New Mexico.

For some reason, I kept thinking about muddy Brazil while I was on infinite washboard in the noisy 40 today.
Will do. We plan to head to NM sometime while we're home. Too much good stuff to see. We're heading south to Baja now

Will do. We plan to head to NM sometime while we're home. Too much good stuff to see. We're heading south to Baja now
Is the border open?

Is the border open?
Sounds like it. It was for the race a couple months ago and a lot of friends are already down prerunning. I figure anything can happen, but we're going for it. If anyone follows the race next week I'll be in #1074 from RM 270 to RM 605.

Sounds like it. It was for the race a couple months ago and a lot of friends are already down prerunning. I figure anything can happen, but we're going for it. If anyone follows the race next week I'll be in #1074 from RM 270 to RM 605.
Thanks Tim. I haven't been on Baja Nomad lately since I thought they were still closed.

We're racing the Baja 1000. It's been three years since we've done any racing so we're excited to head down and work our butts off. Prerunning starts tomorrow. Race day is Friday. Good luck to all of those racing!

We make it back to civilization then enjoy traveling with friends as we make our way south towards Mendoza on the famed Ruta 40. We camp, share meals, drink cheap beer and good wine, listen to music, sit around fires, and just savor life...we also might have a few hair brained schemes...

We make it back to civilization then enjoy traveling with friends as we make our way south towards Mendoza on the famed Ruta 40. We camp, share meals, drink cheap beer and good wine, listen to music, sit around fires, and just savor life...we also might have a few hair brained schemes...

Really enjoying the videos! Our 3.5 year old says let's watch the Tim and Kelsey show and then points out details such as "why is he wearing a seatbelt and she's not" (from part of this video).

Keep up the good work and have a good Thanksgiving.

Really enjoying the videos! Our 3.5 year old says let's watch the Tim and Kelsey show and then points out details such as "why is he wearing a seatbelt and she's not" (from part of this video).

Keep up the good work and have a good Thanksgiving.
Busted by her! I'm giving Kelsey a hard time now. LOL. That's awesome. Makes us smile.
Thank you!

A little 2020 Baja 1000 Prerun video. This is Race Mile 275 to RM470. We preran, we ate tacos, we handed out stickers to kids and we broke some wheel studs off in the dark.
This will give you an idea of about 60% of race pace. My eyeballs still hurt.

1 week ago we were finishing the Baja 1000. The day after I wrote up a Race Summary, but it's more of a stream of consciousness.
https://www.dirtsunrise.com/post/2020-baja-1000-race-summary

O6eZut-bfOsKZSF_tfGeqBBGmWj4DI2t6MB8xNq_73NRXJ1trgnGSJjwoGh4pJFSWp105VOddbL2JH9yrnU4tRlnyl7sRTlCuvwlKpNQLu6YESvOoOyIucLGegVKt9Ugxhs-p17CJw09nj80CJYCLDQpldJc1EHEoL8PFOXWxDLdKNB7oMMIbRNaN6Noot0n47v_KNmWh2a_yPDw_qdOJdG34n10Sd6adfutkmpfQWyvOXgdvkjo_Uc-iaUOBIUi2YH4wPiFR23Dq6NA92utMw8Fw9o7CmF62SBb4IapOpuH6MiO7XB67ev9Dw5K76KVBUwLxPZAOa-Ryj7Zl5CWBfoi97N6NJTG8L979PCPBVfVyfTDbnebFG9xEQjQkkApUBJbnm0JEEjAFSD88ry936Tl36dOVff6BYLnU9IFA3C14h74K-q-SNGQXD4iuWToYqPs2-wG3Kt7BvTzGOdT09zGGtwd6TuUMCKNA7qOxWGZVbDVPTsRQFtAs2_VWb1NbE_e2yRNTZ4FPhhY2sOLZH93ycRnjGUBPDapC_ig4AFeLfh-weDYssWuSKeM_KASQF8ptfv5CTRVGWJ4quhmA1zDk24nKP3RxNwfLrvtHsZ9DzgM-0vJDNfJeIXLMPTclEAshUl03wIkMPGMKZ1gwkKiHqK-kp95Vu5EP1ypc2wtDA_BxR9jOYfowtOXsQ=w1373-h915-no

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom