Dipping into the knowledge pool once again (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Threads
Thanks in advance for all you help!

ive been chasing down a brake fluid leak for a little while and finally found it.
now i’ve bent brake lines before but never in coils as in this case.
question is does Toyota carry these lines, in sure If they do it’ll probably cost more than the truck did back in 1995, or should i just bend it myself?

Keep and eye out for those friction points kids!

32E3E046-6481-4A74-A2EF-DB521C4D9762.jpeg
DD32FC86-1011-41E4-8AA3-871B253876C6.jpeg

Easy answer : if you never bent coils into hardlines or know their reason, buy them pre-made.

If you have a similar sized buck to coil then terminate the lines & access to raw fittings, then get at it!

It’s a bit of a fiddly job but pretty straight forward. Just don’t buy stainless line as it’s really hard to work with...

the coils are there to absorb vibrations between the chassis and body (the body is rubber isolated and moves around).

is it the line for the front or rear brakes?

when I redid my entire brake system I changed the routing so came down the firewall, into a coil then straight to the chassis and to the rear of the car.
If it’s the front brakes I actually made a bracket to terminate the line at the bottom of the firewall, then converted into rubber line to go down to the control arm, then went hardline to the rest of the front diff. Made it much better than the factory routing

Still not entirely sure why Toyota went to the effort of running the lines all the way to the front, to then just run backwards. Only reason I can see is it makes it easier to run with the ABS pump....

Something about those lines doesn't look "factory" and I'm concerned that even if you buy a factory replacement, it's not going to match because something has been shuffled around in there.....

Got any wider pics?
Any back story on the truck?
Any obvious mods or deletions?

Something about those lines doesn't look "factory" and I'm concerned that even if you buy a factory replacement, it's not going to match because something has been shuffled around in there.....

Got any wider pics?
Any back story on the truck?
Any obvious mods or deletions?
+1

- I wasn’t recognizing anything about it as a 1FZ - but I’m purely a late 1FZ guy as I always say / qualify my tech junk.

I’d also noticed the wear to that loom on the valve cover - leading me to think motor mounts need help & we’re doing band-aids up top when I’m very suspicious of the motor mounts & some serious motor-rock issues.

Just my $.02 there

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom