Dinky connector on Hella H1, wtf?

Discussion in '60-Series Wagons' started by Spook50, Mar 4, 2007.

1. Spook50

Spook50 Get ready

When I installed the Hella H1s I ordered from Susquehanna, I noticed that the white cover for the back of the housing has a strange connector style that I've never seen before. It's smaller than a normal 2-terminal high beam connector and has a "divider" between the terminals. I hunted around the local parts houses (before I deployed, duh) trying to find a matching connector, but no joy. Anyone know exactly what style of connector this is, and where I might be able to find a proper female connector for it so I'm not just using female spade connectors? Surprisingly, Susquehanna doesn't sell the proper female connector for it.

Here's a pic from Susquehanna's web site:
    [​IMG]

2. Tinker

Tinker

Female spade-type connectors would work - they come in wire sizes for different wattage ratings. I always crimp, solder, & insulate with shrink tube. Then I try the connector & squeeze it with needlenose pliers if it isn't really tight.

3. Spook50

Spook50 Get ready

That's what I ended up doing. I would just prefer to have the actual connector for them though if I can track one down. I just hate the half-assed look they have now...

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.