Builds DINGO- 60FZJ-UTE LS3 EROD (PROVEN CA SMOG) (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

You know it's going be a rough day when you walk into the shop at 4am and get pissed because the door was left open on a cruiser and the battery is surely drained ..

I need a vacation. :rofl::rofl::rofl:

J

IMG_20190625_114521542.jpg
IMG_20190625_114535755.jpg

Jason, this may have been mentioned elsewhere, but how does something like this vehicle get titled? And are you going to title it in CA, or wait until you move out of state?

Awesome build!

Jason, this may have been mentioned elsewhere, but how does something like this vehicle get titled? And are you going to title it in CA, or wait until you move out of state?

Awesome build!

It is currently registered in WY until Nov 2020. Once I'm done I will take it to SMOG, if it passes... (it should since its a CA approved SMOG LS3 - EROD cruise and connect implant) I'll register it in CA so it is in the system so if I ever decide to sell it'll be that much easier to register for the new owner... if I ever sell it that is.... HA.

It is currently registered in WY until Nov 2020. Once I'm done I will take it to SMOG, if it passes... (it should since its a CA approved SMOG LS3 - EROD cruise and connect implant) I'll register it in CA so it is in the system so if I ever decide to sell it'll be that much easier to register for the new owner... if I ever sell it that is.... HA.

Will it be registered as a 60? 80? Something else?

I have all the metal calculations in for the bed, box, 48 gallon fuel tank w/ fuel, spare, and 613# of misc items ( fridge, tools, kitchenware, compressor, water tank, batteries,

1332# calculated ... loaded up at 1384# in pic (all weight at the end of frame). I was at a 5/8" rake and that's without the front body, misc parts or bar/winch.

Designed and got the drop and extended receiver crossmember into CAD. Materials ordered.

I order a set of 100mm coil lift high pressure air bags from AirBag Man in Queensland, Australia yesterday to help with any heavy loaded trips and to compensate for any side to side leveling if needed.

Got the frame to bed standoff brackets cut and bent this morning.

Another Saturday morning work plan is getting organized:
  1. Cut inner front wells for shock towers and gear unit.
  2. Pull body
  3. Pull motor, trans and T/C
  4. Weld all remaining attachments
  5. Paint frame
  6. Re-install motor, trans and T/C
This thing is a beast... just for reference Dennis is 6'5"

BUSY BUSY!

🍺
IMG_20190626_125414478.jpg

IMG_20190626_122602805.jpg

Well I'm back to square one on the doors for the box. I spoke with tech support in Manchester, UK on the shutter doors. After talking with them and what the uses for the rig would be I decided that there will be too much dust infiltration into the box. The issue is the door louvers/shutters are floating and therefore can't ever really seat hard to the sill plate.

Looking back at the traditional gullwing design...

J

Is the canopy going to sit on a sort of flat bed? Or is it going to be all in one? Would be nice to be able to put some stands on it so you can lift it and drive off for the times you just need a truck bed.

Sort of like this (pic from 4 Wheel Campers):
305D966E-AC0D-4FE1-8743-8EF072AE42AA.jpeg

E90853D2-0E0C-4235-A060-CC98932489F5.jpeg

Well I'm back to square one on the doors for the box. I spoke with tech support in Manchester, UK on the shutter doors. After talking with them and what the uses for the rig would be I decided that there will be too much dust infiltration into the box. The issue is the door louvers/shutters are floating and therefore can't ever really seat hard to the sill plate.

Looking back at the traditional gullwing design...

J

Can't your use something like this to deal these doors up?
Garage Door Threshold Seals For Sale, Residential

No, it has a seal similar to that at the bottom. The problem is the panels "float" and there is no way to force pressure downward to stack up the panels and make a tighter seal at the bottom.

J
Maybe a ignorant thought, but could you use a fatter bottom seal and then one of these style latches to catch the bottom plate and squeeze down on the bottom seal as it closes? Google Image Result for https://www.innomotivesolutions.com/images/stories/whiting-doors-4.jpg

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom