Builds DINGO- 60FZJ-UTE LS3 EROD (PROVEN CA SMOG) (2 Viewers)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

HEE HEE!!! Well it's a 74" work height... so 148s????

FLAT REPAIRS ARE GONNA BE A BITCH!!!

J

That was the most labor intensive tire patch ever! :eek:

OMG. I'm guessing they don't put the f'ing new guy on that task. That exterior gum tape filling must set up rock hard.

I've seen this repair made on a Terex 6300 mining dump. Takes a few hours. That tire cost around $40,000.00 and there are 6 per truck.OUCH!!!!!!

A 23' tall dump truck is just cool beans. Plus it holds 350+ tons of material and can run 40mph at 1.3 million pounds. Pretty damn awesome. But that is a what they call a stage 3 dump.

CAT (400T) and a Belaz at almost 500T were the biggest monsters around when I was in awe over the Terex... HA!

J

That sounds like a lot but in relative terms one of those tires is about the same as putting a $225 BFG on a new $35k Tacoma.

A few parts updates:

• Nitro 4:88 gears- check
  • front and rear CrMo axles and birfs- check
  • ARB front and rear air lockers- check
  • ARB large compressor all above ordered from Carl @just differentials aka J.T.'s Parts and Accessories- check
  • Rear FF axle will arrive next Monday- check
  • Slotted and drill rotors- check
  • brake kits- check
  • knuckle kit with Mushashi seals and Koyo wheel bearings- check
  • 4" TourFlex tapered coils- check
  • 5 degree caster plates- check
  • 9 stage adjustable steering stabilizer- check
  • RUCA and RLCA adjustable control arms - check

Still undecided on the shocks, but more than likely will go with the Tough Dog 45mm bore 9 stage adjustables.

Let's see a clean 60 get chopped up already! :grinpimp:
Bring on the cutting!!

37 x 13.5 x 17 Cooper STT PROs are on the way:steer:

J

Will they run ok on a 9 inch rim? These could be the next tires for my FJ60

Will they run ok on a 9 inch rim? These could be the next tires for my FJ60

Yes, I ran a 13.5" Toyo on these 9" rims with no issues. Here are the specs:

upload_2018-4-19_17-58-28.png

Pretty sure Al Bundy would call those Big guns'

J
Pretty sure Al Bundy would call those Big Uns'

Sub'd....

I bet this is going to be radical. Would be interested to see more of these "available" for customers, next level expo!

Ive dreamed of an Aussie inspired build with a canopy. If you can bring something like that to market I’ll be paying you a visit!
Can’t wait to see where you take this
Subd!

Sub'd....

I bet this is going to be radical. Would be interested to see more of these "available" for customers, next level expo!

Ive dreamed of an Aussie inspired build with a canopy. If you can bring something like that to market I’ll be paying you a visit!
Can’t wait to see where you take this
Subd!

Time will tell. But before you get too excited, the frame stretch, canopy build and associated paint and body work is approx. 30-40K. That price does NOT include the powertrain, suspension, interior, or canopy internals, electrical/battery management, RTT etc.... If anything, I might offer a frame extension kit and the canopy box itself if things go as planned. Not to mention buying two cruisers or at least an extra 80 donor frame.

Right now with many details still to figure out, the potential customer and I are at 70K on this build. Lots of details and custom work. His budget is around the 75-80K mark. So, we'll see what happens, until the check cashes....It's still mine and I will proceed buying things that I want for the build.

J

J
I had the STT (now call stt pro) in 33" on my old FJCruiser. Used them heavily in Colorado up and around lots of shale. Great tire and never cut though one. Had lots of little cuts when done as I scrapped a few rocks hard. Also in the woods with a locker, slick tree roots are not a threat.
Nice handling on the highway and in the wet. I was heavily loaded in the rig (70 was my max speed and any hill was a challenge), they wore nice and just great.

Cooper makes a great off road tire. Good choice.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom