Builds DINGO- 60FZJ-UTE LS3 EROD (PROVEN CA SMOG) (2 Viewers)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Is that walking the cup or some other sort of voodoo? Looks rad, the whole build is drool worthy! Keep it up

Just a back weave with MIG. I used to do this all the time with stick welding (8010 rod) when I was a pipeline welder back in the day..

Thanks!

J

Just a back weave with MIG. I used to do this all the time with stick welding (8010 rod) when I was a pipeline welder back in the day..

Thanks!

J
Yep, that weld if truly showing your Pipe Liner background.
It almost looks like a Lace Cap on a stainless TIG weld.
I was always sure you'll guys did that to throw us inspection guys off, makes reading RT film a real pain in the #$@.

Side note your billet aluminum air vents on my 60 are always getting compliments.
When I tell them they are functional and not just for looks people are always shocked. :)
Top notch work.

I was always sure you'll guys did that to throw us inspection guys off, makes reading RT film a real pain in the #$@.

Side note your billet aluminum air vents on my 60 are always getting compliments.
When I tell them they are functional and not just for looks people are always shocked. :)
Top notch work.

I'm still a CWI and level II RT, PT and VT.

Top notch work.

Also, I sure don't miss those crying A$$ welders... LMAO!!!!!!!

J

Yeah, I used to always write LOT on the welds that failed and needed repair.
The welders would always ask if I meant lack of fusion or something.
I would simply respond it means LACK OF TALENT. :rofl::rofl:
Pissed off my fair share of Pre Madonna welders, it never got old.

Yeah, I used to always write LOT on the welds that failed and needed repair.
The welders would always ask if I meant lack of fusion or something.
I would simply respond it means LACK OF TALENT. :rofl::rofl:
Pissed off my fair share of Pre Madonna welders, it never got old.

I just used to say it looked like an electrician apprentice made the weld................ "SEE BOSS FOR PINK SLIP... " I wrote that a few times in the inspection notes.

J

I just used to say it looked like an electrician apprentice made the weld................ "SEE BOSS FOR PINK SLIP... " I wrote that a few times in the inspection notes.

J
Being a past electrician, who just bought a welder (yet to try it yet) I think I might be slightly offended. Then again, I have no feelings so I guess I can't be offended! Also a retired electrical inspector, reviewer and current electrical designer and educator. When teaching a seminar I always pick on everyone, from contractors to engineers and everyone in between. We all have our faults and it is fun to poke fun at them from time to time.

Being a past electrician, who just bought a welder (yet to try it yet) I think I might be slightly offended. Then again, I have no feelings so I guess I can't be offended! Also a retired electrical inspector, reviewer and current electrical designer and educator. When teaching a seminar I always pick on everyone, from contractors to engineers and everyone in between. We all have our faults and it is fun to poke fun at them from time to time.

It's a huge joke on oilfield projects... Electricians make fun or welders and vice versa... it was a daily thing.

Best joke I ever heard was told to me by a master electrician..

"They found the cure for AIDS..... But its unobtanium................. Its the sweat from an electrician....."

J

A little wheel change in the works...

J

PXL_20211119_202116907.jpg
PXL_20211119_195430654.jpg

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom