Digital temp gauge. Best peace of mind. (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Threads
Thanks to Billy Skaggs for the recommendation on the koso slim digital thermometer. It arrived today and I hooked it up. It's great to know what my temps are, and not have to guestimate...brings peace of mind....especially since I broke my rad last week like a dumb ass.

Pics of where you mounted it?

Also can the signal wire be extended with any usual wire (seeing as it comes with only 4foot worth?). Looking at mounting it where the cup holder on some models is.

I had a lot of extra wire to the sensor, I cant imagine you will need to extend it more than that.
IMAG0355.jpg

I got mine from amazon.com. It was $47 and two day shipping. I installed the sensor in the upper rad hose for now, since I'll be replacing my radiator and hoses shortly. I'll probably switch the sensor location when I put the new rad in.

Last edited:
hmmm i want one

93yotasr5 said:
hmmm i want one

Me too....

Sent from my C771 using IH8MUD

Last edited:
:clap: I was complaining yesterday about car makers failing to install digital temp gauges that alarm at a preset temp. So many cars and $$ could have been saved. They do it on aircraft... why not cars? Especially cars that chicks buy! Anything my girlfriend sits in explodes... :bang:

The sensor is 10mm iirc. Sorry I don't know the thread pitch off the top of my head but I can get it. There's more than enough sensor wire to install it on the water inlet. I love this mod, it brings me incredible peace of mind...but I'm neurotic like that.

Last edited:
nice mod. it looks like it would fit nicely in the standard rectangular switch blanks.

also, how did you mount it? are there mounting holes in the back?

why does it say "effective temp range 14-140 f"?

I believe that's the celcius range. Mine in in Fahrenheit and goes to 280ish I think.....God forbid I ever see that temp.

It fits nicely where I mounted it, it comes with velcro... I mounted it with the velcro in case I wanted to move it.

:clap: I was complaining yesterday about car makers failing to install digital temp gauges that alarm at a preset temp. So many cars and $$ could have been saved. They do it on aircraft... why not cars? Especially cars that chicks buy! Anything my girlfriend sits in explodes... :bang:
LOL....BTW I'm a chick. I own two cruisers and do all the maintenance myself...thanks to mud. I've never had a car blow up....yet.

No I actually tapped into the hose, since I'm going to be replacing soon. I wanted to test drive it before I put my new rad in. I tapped in with a 9mm bit and sealed it with rtv under the lip...fits good. I'll move it to a perm loc when I replace the rad.

so nothing is holding it in except the rtv and whatever bite you got from the threads in the hose wall?

i did not know that could be done.

personally i would at least have threaded a nut on the inside.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom