Digital Instrument Cluster FZJ80 ? (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Threads
Em Looking For " Digital Instrument Cluster " For My Devil's Den (FZJ80)

Does Anyone have seen yet any aftermarket " Instrument Cluster " For Auto Gear - 80 Series So Far ?

I saw many of cluster's lights are changed to red, blue etc but that is not em looking for ...

Your All Input Is Highly Appreciated ...

Analog Original :
IMG_1657.JPG

Looking for something like this or Any Digital Style:
Toyota Dash.jpg

My Rig:
_DSC5746.JPG

The turbo first gen 4-runners had a digital dash. It would be the "Toyota way" of doing it but they weren't all that fancy.

cluster3big.jpg

like doing a racepak dash? turbophil has been throwing around the idea so sensors could be added and have a customized display to fit his needs.

nothing plug and play, it would take alot of work and wiring, there is one thread on here where he is making a custom guage setup

Yup Saw One ..
Analog Dash Meter .... But Alot of hard work is done there with senors ...

well i did some search and need the opinion ...

"MOTEC" can be a good option, A full package including installation method (wiring's) and senors etc

This is a Nissan Patrol Dash Meter ...
nissan-s14-240sx-custom-cluster-billet-indicators-c125-motec-full-800x440.jpg

e86193fb3473277c2620b80103a89923.jpg

There is mud member that create something not complete digital .. but more modern .. with modern gauges .. can't recall the name .. but is here fresh in mud ..

The turbo first gen 4-runners had a digital dash. It would be the "Toyota way" of doing it but they weren't all that fancy.

cluster3big.jpg
I see a diff lock on the dash

i have a racepak im doing ;)

1148f6ade73232503a0c7eefe8e59439.jpg

leds on the right are as follows Red being SRS/ABS lights, green CDL, yellows diff lock, racepak shows me oil pressure, trans temp, coolant temp, speed, rpm, turn signals, hi beams, CEL and so on, im not 100% done, I ordered some kydex to mold right the back and ill be painting the back plate flat black. The lonely gauge is an AFR

Ill also havea gauge on the left probably either being my OBD2 monitor or just an altimeter/compass havent decided quite yet

im also looking at using my magidial lexus buttons to control the racepak face plate versus the two push buttons I put on

Racepak in an 80. That is a first and that's freaking awesome.

Racepak in an 80. That is a first and that's freaking awesome.

hahahah thanks, it was really straight forward, with my LS swap, I really didnt want dummy lights, I wanted actual readouts so racepak time it was :p

I started another thread but no action. I didn't have the words "instrument cluster." But that's what I'm talking about. Can anyone tell me about the lights on the factory analog instrument cluster on my 94 FJ80. I took the dash out to wire a stereo, and the instrument cluster went dark. Will it light back up when I reconnect the dash, or do I need to find and replace a lightbulb in the instrument cluster. I'd love to find someone who knows before I have to start the trial and error.

I started another thread but no action. I didn't have the words "instrument cluster." But that's what I'm talking about. Can anyone tell me about the lights on the factory analog instrument cluster on my 94 FJ80. I took the dash out to wire a stereo, and the instrument cluster went dark. Will it light back up when I reconnect the dash, or do I need to find and replace a lightbulb in the instrument cluster. I'd love to find someone who knows before I have to start the trial and error.

you probably killed the main power feed, ill log into my computer with ewd and see what the tie in is, but I guarantee the lights is tied on the same circuit for main power

These are my notes in my spread sheet

C11 connector
pin 5 Yellow Main +12V to Cluster from F11 Fuse Block, uses Jumper connection J1 (Hook to Main Power for new Cluster)

this I believe is on the left side of the cluster, now I'd need to look the EWD to see splice points but thats probably one area it taps onto and perhaps you grounded that circuit out, granted again without my EWD's i dont know for sure (ill look tonight when I get home, but id start looking at blown fuses etc....)

i have a racepak im doing ;)

1148f6ade73232503a0c7eefe8e59439.jpg

leds on the right are as follows Red being SRS/ABS lights, green CDL, yellows diff lock, racepak shows me oil pressure, trans temp, coolant temp, speed, rpm, turn signals, hi beams, CEL and so on, im not 100% done, I ordered some kydex to mold right the back and ill be painting the back plate flat black. The lonely gauge is an AFR

Ill also havea gauge on the left probably either being my OBD2 monitor or just an altimeter/compass havent decided quite yet

im also looking at using my magidial lexus buttons to control the racepak face plate versus the two push buttons I put on

Wo hoo Thats Em Talking About ...

Following You .....

hahahahaahahaha

it seems i've gained a few followers, however im just a crazy canucklehead ;)

you probably killed the main power feed, ill log into my computer with ewd and see what the tie in is, but I guarantee the lights is tied on the same circuit for main power

C11 connector
pin 5 Yellow Main +12V to Cluster from F11 Fuse Block, uses Jumper connection J1 (Hook to Main Power for new Cluster)

this I believe is on the left side of the cluster, now I'd need to look the EWD to see splice points but thats probably one area it taps onto and perhaps you grounded that circuit out, granted again without my EWD's i dont know for sure (ill look tonight when I get home, but id start looking at blown fuses etc....)

I'm not sure how I could have killed a power feed unless by simply unclipping all the wiring harnesses that link to the dash. There is one fuse that says "guage" but it's in good shape.

C11 connector

Okay I really appreciated the detail on this post, but the answer was really simple. When I removed the dash, I disconnected the dimmer knob. When the wiring to the dimmer is disconnected, the instrument cluster goes dark, even if the knob is turned up.

yup, that will do it! i forgot the dimmer has to be installed for your lights to work on the dash........ on my 97 lx the dimmer switch is on the far left

Will be studying the Motec c1212. Looks like it will fit the 80

C8B2383F-BD74-4C81-B2FE-EA4B12C41D72.jpeg

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom