Difficult Tucson Trail Run Saturday--Space limited to the first three: (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Threads
My good friend Mike McDonald, President of the AzLRO, went out to the Sutherland Trail Saturday and for the first time he turned around at the difficult section because he was alone. He and I will be going back this Saturday to tackle it together. We will probably have Leo's highly modified D90 along with us too (which is a sight to see!).

So, we're looking for 3 more trucks. Qualifications:

*Must have at least a rear locker
*Must have a suspension lift
*Must have larger tires
*Must have rock sliders

Here's the details:

Sutherland Trail

Date: Saturday, April 7

Time: 9:00AM to 4:00PM

Meeting Place: Circle 'K' in Catalina (16054 N. Oracle Road, Catalina, AZ)

Trail Description: This is a difficult trail (3.5 to 4) that runs up the north side of Catalina State Park. It was originally used to establish phone and power lines to Mt. Lemmon and WAS another access to the top of Mt. Lemmon until the Wilderness area was established cutting off a corner of the trail preventing access to the top.
This trail has no stop rocks, boulders, rocks, cracks, rock faces, rocks, and washed out areas all within about a 2 mile trail that takes 5 to 6 hours. Oh and did I mention there are a lot of rocks along the way. It's an up and back trail but provides challenges for all. Modified vehicles are recommended, locker suggested.

SO...SIGN UP AND JOIN US!

Attendees:

TRIP FULL--MANY ROVERS SIGNED UP

Last edited:
Here's the attendees trucks:

Mike:

50652498-L.jpg

Leo:

26671380-L.jpg

Shotts:

131804651-L.jpg

Put me down as in, I may be out in an hour when I find out my wife's schedule. I will update promptly.

-Spike

I, uh, don't have any 'rock sliders' though, other than the ones provided by the Toyota Motor Company. :D

-Spike

I, uh, don't have any 'rock sliders' though, other than the ones provided by the Toyota Motor Company. :D

-Spike

Just got back from Discount...new 100 tires. While there I thought this same thing and was going to come back and eliminate you as a joke. You spoiled it. :mad:

Well you can still goto AZrocks Rhino

Ahhh....I just re-read Mike's info. He says locker suggested. I thought he said locker required. You want in Rhino? Hell, Spike's already breaking the rules. :D

We'll see- the wife works Saturday, so I will probably have daddy-duty. Put me down as a long-shot possibility, if we can find a sitter. If you get three gung-ho candidates, take my spot.

BTW, in the groups I run with, the word 'locker' can be interchangeable with 'recovery points'. :D

-Spike

relix i was planning to go but aparently this is the w/e that works for family camping with my wifes friends and they're families.

thanks for the invite shotts, yet again, another time, i just wanted to bust chops about the "rules".

I'm not gonna be able to make this one. Thanks for the invite, see ya next time.

-Spike

Hey Brian,
Did you guys end up running Martinez last weekend? I forgot to ask in our PM. Just curious.

Sean

Hey Brian,
Did you guys end up running Martinez last weekend? I forgot to ask in our PM. Just curious.

Sean

Nope. We ended up getting a late start because we did a bit of work on Kyles jeep in the morning...it was 9:00 by the time we got moving...so we ran one of the local trails instead.

Sorry folks.....the trip is full. Mike had several more Rovers sign up for his run so we're now full.

Heh looks like you'll be out there for a LONG time.... :flipoff2:

Just happened to be out there today caught you guys coming down here are some pictures
RompingIndianHeadMarch31-2007151.jpg

RompingIndianHeadMarch31-2007135sma.jpg

RompingIndianHeadMarchsmall431-2007.jpg

The begining
RompingIndianHeadMarch31-2007001sma.jpg

The chute photos don't do it justice!!!!
RompingIndianHeadMarch31-2007007sma.jpg

RompingIndianHeadMarch31-2007006sma.jpg

Here's me rockin and rollin
RompingIndianHeadMarch31-2007110sma.jpg

RompingIndianHeadMarch31-2007111sma.jpg

RompingIndianHeadMarch31-2007112sma.jpg

bumper then no bumper
RompingIndianHeadMarch31-2007113sma.jpg

RompingIndianHeadMarch31-2007114sma.jpg

RompingIndianHeadMarch31-2007115sma.jpg

RompingIndianHeadMarch31-2007116sma.jpg

RompingIndianHeadMarch31-2007117sma.jpg

RompingIndianHeadMarch31-2007118sma.jpg

RompingIndianHeadMarch31-2007119sma.jpg

Heres me cracking up after losing the lame silver piece on the bumper
RompingIndianHeadMarch31-2007122-1.jpg

This is how you install it
RompingIndianHeadMarch31-2007123-1.jpg
/RompingIndianHeadMarch31-2007123sma.jpg[/IMG]
Duder in the blue, I believe his name is Jess
RompingIndianHeadMarch31-2007099-1.jpg

sutherland.jpg

Shotts was that you up there partner? I didn't realized it till you passed, you were camoflaged in range rovers:0 my brother in law informed me on the way home you guys had this planned!!!!
Everyone was really nice and responsive about the fj, you all seemed glad to see an FJC out there. Would love to go romping some time
I just purchased the ALLPRO 3" adj. coilovers w/ everything skids uca's rear links and fronts...This was my last trip as a mildly stock FJC, so you I'll catch you guys on the trail another day. I will come to a meeting w/ my bro brian after the mods take placeYOur vehicles were amazing!!!!!!
Hope you don't mind all these pics, my girl is a photographer and loves wheeling

Sunfusion FJC
285/75/16 bfg AT
16" rockcrawler black steelys
atac/diff hack
magnaflo can
Demello rock rails
front body mount chop
no suspension mods
custom rear link skids
and housing made of 3/16" on top of oem 1/8" (unbendable)
(pretty much stock)

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom