Differential parts locally in Texas (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Threads
I recently started rebuilding my differential. I tried in vain to buy individual service parts locally (shims, crush sleave, seals etc...).
Toyota had a 3 week wait from Japan, Austin Drive Train said they didn't supply non-USA diff parts. None of the retailers where any help either (except 4wparts). I ended up sourcing stuff from West Coast Differential, Randy's Ring & Pinion and Just Differentials: All West Coast suppliers. While it took about three days to get stuff in, I felt really annoyed that there was no-one local.

The next 3rd member I dig into, I would like to source my supplies from a Texas distributor who **stocks** my Toyota parts (ie:doesn't have to order them just like me).

So I ask : Is there any supply shop in Austin, Dallas or San Antonio that has toyota aftermarket ring & pinion supplies IN STOCK?

Thanks,
Eric

No, I haven't torn down & inspected my front e-locker (yet) as it is not as critical as my rear.

I was actually looking for pinion race shims and pinion preload shims (non-crush sleeve style).

The bottom line is that the only thing local is a MASTER install kit from 4WPARTS. You have to buy everything:ALL bearings, shims, crush sleeve etc...etc..

I wasn't aware that the e-locker has carrier shims...That will be even more fun than the standard 3rd member (not!).

well only the 9.5" rear e-locking 3rd used shims. I doubt the pinion shims had to come from Japan. I ordered the WHOLE set of carrier shims and still only took 3 days from California. Typically stuff comming from Houston will only take one day depending on the dealer's ordering cut off time.

I wouldn't mess with anything other than toyota parts in the diff. I've seen the shims JT's uses and they aren't nearly what the Toyota shims are, not to mention the CRAP crush sleeves that come in aftermarket kits.

No one is going to keep LC diff parts locally.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom