Differential oil Fj80 (1 Viewer)

What kind of Differential oil?

• Not sure

Votes: 5 50.0%
  • Not sure

Votes: 5 50.0%

• Total voters

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Threads
I'm owner of a 1994 LC Fj80 with 178k miles on it. I kinda live in central California and I was curious taking that in consideration, what type of differential oil should I use for this truck?

Chevron Delo 75W90

fjdiffinstall_royalpurple_spp.jpg

:popcorn:

I just run Valvoline Dino Juice in the 80/90 flavor. its 20 min to change both front and rear so I do it fairly often.

75w-90 or 80w-90 dino. I use valvoline or similar. Actually last time i used the store brand that the local ranch supply place carries. Something like farm king. Buy dino and change it every year or two, depending on if you run in deep water or not.

75w140 Redline Shock Proof. Quieted the center diff way down in Low.

Harrop e-locker 4.88 front
Marlin Crawler Gears center
Aussie 4.88 rear

Mobil 1 and I prolly threw my $$$ away.
Everyone else seems to run Dino oil without issue so going Full Syn or Racing oil is likely overkill.

Lucas 80W-90, cheap on Amazon Prime. It was $21/gal. when I ordered it a couple years ago, it's $30 now. Amazon prices seem to fluctuate a lot. You can use camelcamelcamel.com to set a price alert on the item. Lucas is good stuff IME.

I use Lucas gear oil too.

Autozone 80w-90 in the 5 gallon drum. Yearly change.

Living in Florida I'm currently running Royal Purple 75-90 but noticed slightly more noise from the case (now at 345,000 miles) so going back to my usual mix of one quart 75W-90 Mobil 1 and one quart 75W-140 Mobil 1 synthetic gear or may go with all 75W-140. As discussed previously the transfer case does not seem to be picky about what gear oil you use however to the person who asked, the manual calls for 75W-90.

Sorry to bring out an old thread but can anyone let me know what "dino" means? I think they are referring to non-synthetic oil but want to make sure. Thanks, Bob in Michigan.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom