Differential Light (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Threads
Hey All-

About once a year (summer) I'll get the differential light that'll pop. I do NOT have locking differentials on my 1997 80 so am unclear why this is being triggered.

Loose ground?

Thanks
toyota-warning-lights-rear-lock.png

Last edited:
Even without having the OEM front and rear lockers installed much of wiring harness to support them is installed on all cruisers. It could be the wires that control the dash light could be shorting to ground somewhere. What is interesting that I don't think vehicles without lockers had light bulbs installed in the dash cluster. May be that the cluster has been previously replaced or a previous owner added the bulbs when upgrading to LEDs.

Center, front, or rear diff? You do have a center diff lock, and there is an indicator for it.

Even without having the OEM front and rear lockers installed much of wiring harness to support them is installed on all cruisers. It could be the wires that control the dash light could be shorting to ground somewhere. What is interesting that I don't think vehicles without lockers had light bulbs installed in the dash cluster. May be that the cluster has been previously replaced or a previous owner added the bulbs when upgrading to LEDs.
That's making sense. Bought it from a guy near Orlando who used it to back boats into waterways (ugh). They had all the wiring replaced so I'm guessing this might be (hopefully) a wiring/harness glitch. Not gonna sweat it now, thanks for the input 👍

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom