Differential Cover (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Threads
I'm trying to remove the rear diff cover and it seems stuck. Every nut is off and just wondering if anyone knows any tricks to help it come off. I've been hammering and trying to pry it with no luck :mad: . Any thoughts would be appreciated.

Thanks,
Brian

birddog019 said:
I'm trying to remove the rear diff cover and it seems stuck. Every nut is off and just wondering if anyone knows any tricks to help it come off. I've been hammering and trying to pry it with no luck :mad: . Any thoughts would be appreciated.

Thanks,
Brian

You might try heating it either with a torch or a heat gun. That's what I did to get the oilpan off.

GL

Ed

I have had trouble getting mine off both times I've done it, both were original seals that hadnt been messed with in probably 25-30 years so they were bonded pretty well. I used a chisel and put it on the seam between the cover and housing and whacked it a few times and it got the cover off.

Try placing a manual screw type of jack under it and have it gently push up against the cover while you smack on it a little( shearing effect). A piece of wood in between the jack and the cover might help.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom