Different turning radii. (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Wile E Coyote

Out in the streets, they call it murder!
Threads
My 1990 62 is new to me, and I'm new to Cruisers. My turning radius is much tighter to the right than with the wheel to the left. The site search turned up nothing, so where do I find the fix?

Thanks in advance,
Mike

uhh maybe the bump stop nuts on the knuckle are threaded out to far.

Jack the front end up. turn to the right, look at your axle stops (on the knuckle) turh the wheel to the other direction. look at the axle stops.
they shoudl be adjusted the same. If they do not touch, start look ing at the length of the Draglink as a culprit..

Mace said:
Jack the front end up. turn to the right, look at your axle stops (on the knuckle) turh the wheel to the other direction. look at the axle stops.
they shoudl be adjusted the same. If they do not touch, start look ing at the length of the Draglink as a culprit..

nut huh...its because he is above the Equator and everything to the north of it makes tighter turns to the right and every cruiser below it makes tighter turns to the left. ;)

If you take into account the gravatational forces (easily defined by the trade winds and your toilet) and the eliptical form of our mother Earth you can define steering broblems directly with the distance for the equator... See, the problem is that your cruiser is made out of significantly more metal than any other vehicle you have ever driven. So, just like a compas it wants to head north... Your steering problem is easily solved by moving to the middle lattitudes that way the "pull" of the poles is equalll.....

Jimmy had it right

Mace said:
If you take into account the gravatational forces (easily defined by the trade winds and your toilet) and the eliptical form of our mother Earth you can define steering broblems directly with the distance for the equator... See, the problem is that your cruiser is made out of significantly more metal than any other vehicle you have ever driven. So, just like a compas it wants to head north... Your steering problem is easily solved by moving to the middle lattitudes that way the "pull" of the poles is equalll.....

Jimmy had it right

Why do ya think I live in Florida?:D Where the beer flows like wine... wait no, I think thats Aspen.

where the women instinctively flock like the salmon of Capistrano

Mace just when I think you can’t say anything dumber, you go ahead and totally redeem yourself.

Wanna hear the most annoying sound in the world?

Thanks for the help guys.
Mike

What kind of mods does the rig have? Any significant steering/front end repairs or replacements done?

Mark...

Mace said:
Wanna hear the most annoying sound in the world?
goin skiing huh? both of em?

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom