different take on the trans mount and skid plate (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

These look really good. I like the design. Sorry if its been said, but are the drain plugs accessible? It looks like there is a opening for the t-case, not sure about trans.

All drains are accessible.

Have a design being cut to have a mount on the frame that could be welded or attached with a u-bolt. We’ll see next week how it looks in the real world. Looked at a few rigs this week with different brands of sliders. Mounting position are so different it will be hard to make a one size fits all.

3DC7B4CA-2EA0-4398-AF7C-C41F8FDB2435.jpeg

All drains are accessible.

Have a design being cut to have a mount on the frame that could be welded or attached with a u-bolt. We’ll see next week how it looks in the real world. Looked at a few rigs this week with different brands of sliders. Mounting position are so different it will be hard to make a one size fits all.

View attachment 1894010

Jess, not sure if you’ve seen a rig with the Metaltech sliders but if you need measurements or want to meet up, let me know.

Jess, not sure if you’ve seen a rig with the Metaltech sliders but if you need measurements or want to meet up, let me know.
Awesome will text you to coordinate

I have the WKOR sliders if you need a reference.

I love it when a plan comes together. Need to get new bolts to replace the original with longer but I’m pretty happy with the way it turned out.

0BC9C8CE-2480-42DA-A6EB-98BD3B89B40B.jpeg

DD95F4D0-2FB8-4008-8B7F-43FB2758CCCB.jpeg

BEB84D8D-324C-4068-AA71-A3FC704CE08E.jpeg

Meant to post these last week. Black zinc turned out great

D0D7C0A4-3952-4DF9-99EB-23D9C1FC7D95.jpeg

BF560FB5-A157-43B2-8DD4-7D466C0E5597.jpeg

1FCD1696-6CE9-4596-A370-15A14D09C6C2.jpeg

16AC7A10-3BFA-4E35-A1C3-3475A7B95E5F.jpeg

If any one is following that is interested in this design. They are now being offered from hudd expo. 80 Series GIS Skid - Fully Welded

There is a diy version is being released as well. With cut and bent pieces ready to weld.

Reasons why pictures are worth a 1000 words. this beat on OEM skid plate hs been beat and welded back together through its years.
254200AA-F2D1-4C72-9ADE-7F80301DFC15.jpeg
E64043A8-8912-43B5-981B-D599D98AF7D6.jpeg

Nice final product!👍👍
Does the mounting height of the transmission/transfer change at all?
What did the space between the skid and transfer case end of being?
Do you need to cut the casting nub off the transfercase?

That looks great. I'm very interested in buying a diy weld kit.
When will that be available?
Will this work with the Hanna quality sliders? I read alot of other skid plates will not.

Edi: found it's available on the site.

Last edited:
Nice final product!👍👍
Does the mounting height of the transmission/transfer change at all?
What did the space between the skid and transfer case end of being?
Do you need to cut the casting nub off the transfercase?
Skid to transfer case clearance is 1/4-3/8”.
Mounting height is the same 1/4” below the bottom of the frame.

No the final product was lengthened 1” so no cutting

Well cutting mounting studs if you want the trans mounting studs to be flush and protected, which is highly recommended. Some one could leave them long till they could make it to a buddies house with a grinder and cutoff wheel. Takes 5 min or less.

Last edited:
That looks great. I'm very interested in buying a diy weld kit.
When will that be available?
Will this work with the Hanna quality sliders? I read alot of other skid plates will not.

Edi: found it's available on the site.

Post up pictures right next to transfercase passenger side frame rail. I should be able to give you a good idea. I’ve been using the reference 4” in front of the rear O2 but that would be with the 95-97 obd2 models.

Need to find a stock obd1 unit to look at do they have the dampers on transfercase also? If so the mount is in the 4” behind that.

Hopes it makes since.

Post up pictures right next to transfercase passenger side frame rail. I should be able to give you a good idea. I’ve been using the reference 4” in front of the rear O2 but that would be with the 95-97 obd2 models.

Need to find a stock obd1 unit to look at do they have the dampers on transfercase also? If so the mount is in the 4” behind that.

Hopes it makes since.
I have not installed the sliders yet

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom