Different Intake Covers? (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Threads
I've removed the smog stuff from my cruiser which left the intake with a big protrusion on the side(1). I cleaned it up a little and put a piece of my rubber glove to block air flow. I've seen some nicer intake covers in others' pics and have been on the hunt for one. I found a very similar cover to mine (2) in a junkyard that had one large port on one side and three small ones (Vacuum maybe?) on the other side. So I have been working to close all those holes and use that intake cover.

Today I found ANOTHER style (3), which is much cleaner but seems to have a different attachment style to the motor. Instead of the flat end that goes to the MAF (I think thats what that is) this intake looks like it connects straight to the intake pipe without a MAF.

Could someone please educate me on the different types and if it's possible to use the #3 intake cover on my cruiser?

IMG_7025.JPG

Is there any way to switch to #3 style and use the 96-98 MAF? Im guessing no... :(

Yep, simply sell it and upgrade to a OBD2 rig! :hillbilly:

Go buy a rubber expansion plug from any parts store or hardware store and stab it into the hole to use #1

#2 is an fj62

Fab a flange for the VAF, cut and form the end of the tube on #3, hot glue two pieces together.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom