Different fan blades for more air? (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Threads
IMG_3447.jpeg

Left is the green hub fan off my Hdj81, right is a blue hub for a later 80 series I picked up at a swap for cheap. green hub is still running nice, but the fan blades look much smaller and I wonder if the fan blades off the right later fan would push more air than those on the original left. I don’t have much time to change the viscous hub oil inside and the “blue hub mod”, but the blade swap I can do quickly while it’s out. Any input or experience!

View attachment 3328540

Left is the green hub fan off my Hdj81, right is a blue hub for a later 80 series I picked up at a swap for cheap. green hub is still running nice, but the fan blades look much smaller and I wonder if the fan blades off the right later fan would push more air than those on the original left. I don’t have much time to change the viscous hub oil inside and the “blue hub mod”, but the blade swap I can do quickly while it’s out. Any input or experience!
Any difference in pitch? Maybe the one for the diesel is designed to pull more air at lower RPM's?

Fresh silicone oil and an adjustment of the fan hub will be more beneficial than swapping blades.

It's actually not a huge job. If you're going to the effort to pull the original hub, apgrafev either it if the blue one. Both are adjustable if it's OEM
If this weren’t my daily driver I’d be all over it and doing the fluid, but alas I’m up in the mountains and no hobby stores are nearby for the silicone. The nearest Toyota dealership is an hour away and they’d have to order the oil in for me

Fresh silicone oil and an adjustment of the fan hub will be more beneficial than swapping blades.

It's actually not a huge job. If you're going to the effort to pull the original hub, apgrafev either it if the blue one. Both are adjustable if it's OEM
I do appreciate the input as always, thank you

If the pitch is the same, physics dictates the greater surface area will move more air.

If this weren’t my daily driver I’d be all over it and doing the fluid, but alas I’m up in the mountains and no hobby stores are nearby for the silicone. The nearest Toyota dealership is an hour away and they’d have to order the oil in for me

Most people use a heavier oil than what Toyota offers.
Find an online supply and have it delivered?

I run a 6 blade Mitsubishi fan on the 1HZ, different hub and totally different shape, size and pitch to the blades. Can't explain why it moves so much more air, but it does.

I run a 6 blade Mitsubishi fan on the 1HZ, different hub and totally different shape, size and pitch to the blades. Can't explain why it moves so much more air, but it does.
Very interesting, got any pics or part numbers?

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom