different brands of shocks front and rear (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Threads
Before I click the buy button, wanted to know if anyone is or has run front shocks by Dobinson and OME in the rear? Currently set up is a 2" lift, with the metal ARB bumper in back, OME 2860 springs and Nitrocharger shocks for the rear. From what I read, OME front shocks tend to be on the stiff side? Is that true? I was told I could do the Dobinson twin tubes shocks in front. Just wanted to be sure this mix is okay, or if going with OME in front is noticeably stiffer to be used as a daily driver.

I have experience with:
OME shocks.
Dobinson IMS & MRA.
(Temporarily) mixing OME shocks with other shocks.

I have no experience with the Dobinsons (yellow) twin tube shocks.

I wouldn’t recommend mixing and matching shocks, unless you’re real familiar with the shocks that you’re mixing, and you’re trying to get a very specific result.

I’m not an OME shock fan, and wouldn’t recommend the on a daily driver, but my kid has run them on his vehicle for ~7 years, with just the slightest symptoms of “bump induced brain damage” (or maybe that’s just his age) 😂

If you can tolerate driving an unladen F250, the OME shocks are fine. If you want a better ride than that, purchase something else (F & R)

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom