Differences between H150F/H151F 5 speed (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Threads
I did something horrible to the gearbox in my HZJ80 on Thursday (Lots of banging and clunking!!!) and need to find a rebuilt/2nd hand box for it.

My understanding of the diesel boxes is that the H150F has a 21 spline input shaft and goes behind the 1HZ (HZJ80) whereas the H151F has a 14 spline input shaft and goes behind the 1HDT and 1HDT-FT (HDJ80).

As for the tranfer case, I think the HF1A (part time 4wd), and the HF2A or HF2AV (full time 4wd), will all bolt up to either the H150F or the H151F.

What I am thinking is that I need to find an H150F (from a 1HZ) but it won't matter if it is out of a full time 4wd or a part time 4wd.

Can anyone confirm or deny that I am on the right track, because none of the wreckers I have spoken to have been really sure?:doh:

Sorry about the long winded post. I'm just trying to get this straight in my own mind, and hopefully not drive an hour or two to find the wrong gearbox!

Do an advanced search using the gearbox codes. There has been a few discussions along these lines before.
IMO it would be better to stick to the original gearbox,maybe yours is reparable.

Thanks Rosco, that helped a bit. I am trying to stick with the same spec box and am trying to work out how to make sure I get the correct one.

From what I gather
21 splines = H150F = 1HZ
14 splines = H151F = 1HDT & Petrol

Is this correct or am I missing something else?

I know next to nothing about rebuilding gearboxes hence looking for another one but I will start checking on Monday to get a ball park figure on getting mine rebuilt. It sounded like it lost a tooth from somewhere, so I'm tipping it's gonna be $$$.

The other worry I have is that the 80 is my daily driver so down time is an issue.

Scott.

Thanks Rosco, that helped a bit. I am trying to stick with the same spec box and am trying to work out how to make sure I get the correct one.

From what I gather
21 splines = H150F = 1HZ

Scott.

Correct as far as Exedy Cluch site says .The turbo diesel have a 300mm clutch disc and the 1HZ have a 275MM

From what I gather
21 splines = H150F = 1HZ

If you are looking for a box this may help. The early 80 series [pov pac] fitted with the 3F petrol motor had the H150F gearbox and K295. cheers

Thanks for the help guys. It looks like I will just get mine rebuilt, as finding a H150F locally in resonable condition is proving a bit harder than I imagined.

I'll find out tomorrow just what sort of damage I've done and what it's going to cost:frown:

And just further to that comment, the VDJ may have 14 splines but the input shaft is a different length to the 80 series boxes. However you can swap an 80 series input shaft INTO a VDJ gearbox to put in an 80 series (will also need the front input shaft cover OR cut the VDJ one down to size).

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom