Differance betweeh 1hdft and 1hdfte cylinder head (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Threads
I've cracked the head on my 1hdft. To much loud pedal :bang:

Cant find a 1hdft head here in New Zealand. Toyota NZ says it has been discontinued. They have a 1hdfte head but cant tell me if there are any differences between models.
I'm aware the 'e' designation is for electronic fuel pump and mine is mechanical.
Can anybody tell me if the heads are differant or not?
Thanks for any advice.

FTE head will bolt up to FT block. It has some internal improvements. The guts of the head are different (intake valves, cams), but FT parts will bolt in. The only thing (that i can think of) that you will need to buy additionally is the FTE valve cover, as the FT one has a different bolt pattern.

FTE head will bolt up to FT block. It has some internal improvements. The guts of the head are different (intake valves, cams), but FT parts will bolt in. The only thing (that i can think of) that you will need to buy additionally is the FTE valve cover, as the FT one has a different bolt pattern.
When you say the guts of the head are differant but my ft parts will bolt in. You mean that the valves cam etc are differant but all my gear will fit as in the critical dimensions that mate together are the same?

When you say the guts of the head are differant but my ft parts will bolt in. You mean that the valves cam etc are differant but all my gear will fit as in the critical dimensions that mate together are the same?
Correct. Except the valve cover.

An engine reconditioned in Australia has confirmed what Turbodennis stated above.
I'll post up once its together in case anyone else has this problem in the future.
Cheers

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom