Diff removal w/ factory e locker (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Threads
Hi,
I have a 94 w/ factory e lockers. I’m planning on pulling the diffs to have them regeared. Do I need to have the e lockers engaged or disengaged to pull the axels, or does it not matter. From what I’ve researched it seems I need to lock the rears but I could not find any threads on the front diff. Thanks in advance.

You can pull the axles regardless of locker engagement position. We say to engage them before pulling the axle shafts when we are doing rebuilds as its helps allow the axles to seat during reassembly.

As you are regearing its all coming apart anyway. Maybe suggest that the person doing the regear engage the locker for you prior to install if you don't feel comfortable doing that.

Hope that helps -

John~

You can pull the axles regardless of locker engagement position. We say to engage them before pulling the axle shafts when we are doing rebuilds as its helps allow the axles to seat during reassembly.

As you are regearing its all coming apart anyway. Maybe suggest that the person doing the regear engage the locker for you prior to install if you don't feel comfortable doing that.

Hope that helps -

John~
Thank you very much!

How do I get the 3rd member out of housing. It seems the locker is holding it in there
Just checking that you pulled the axels? With that said I had both front and rear E lockers engaged when I pulled the thirds out, I’m not sure if that had anything to do with it. (I don’t think so) I had a harder time pulling the rear, probably due to the weight. Ended up using the floor jack to remove and install and that worked out great.

Just checking that you pulled the axels? With that said I had both front and rear E lockers engaged when I pulled the thirds out, I’m not sure if that had anything to do with it. (I don’t think so) I had a harder time pulling the rear, probably due to the weight. Ended up using the floor jack to remove and install and that worked out great.
If your 3rd is separated from the differential housing and won’t come out I think its just a matter of wiggling it out. Again try and you a rolling floor jack to support the weight. If your 3rd is not separated from the differential you probably forgot to take off a nut. On the rear e locker 2 of the nuts that hold the locker are mounting nuts for the 3rd member.

Some pics of the rear end

F6BF2A58-EC2E-4594-A8CA-1A0E0A4969C3.jpeg

2E912F9A-B820-4810-B924-D1D5659DF03C.jpeg

F3FC03CA-36A5-4F62-AAF7-FEF273C789ED.jpeg

69208D16-C44F-4E0D-8FE6-84915CF1A79F.jpeg

BEE062A3-17B5-4A4A-A512-7D61DD6575D6.jpeg

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom