diff. questions (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Threads
Hi, i heard a rumor that the electronic locking diff from a tacoma can be used for the rear diff on a 60. Is this true and if it is, is it worth the trouble of doing the swap or just go w/ a aftermarket diff? money is tight that is why i'm looking into this. Also my 83 60 has a 2" lift can i fit 33"s w/ out rubbing too bad. Also will they make the truck a PITA to drive on the highway? I'm new to 4x4's so please bear w/ me. thanks ROB

83 fj60 2" lift (i think)
87 bmw 325is (anti-rice weapon)

i am definately NOT all knowing, but from what i have gathered - w/ 2" you shouldn't have problems fitting 33"s. Some have them w/ stock (but keep it skinny 9.5ish). With your lift, i bet you could fit them no problem. Shouldn't be a problem on the road if your brakes are in good shape/adjusted. Someone else will chime in with more info i am sure.

Sorry - no clue about the diff.

Good luck!

rob

33's wll fit fine with your lift. Highway driving will be easier with bigger tires.

No idea on the locker, but still it can't be cheaper than an aussie locker. Do a search for Aussie locker and you'll find out what I"m talking about.

I am clearing 33X12.50s with a one inch body lift and about 1 or 1.5in shackle lift. Its close though! But I bet you would be fine.

I dont think the Taco locker will fit, I could be wrong but I thought the Taco is the smaller diff, similiar to the front of a FZJ80

Taco locker is an 8", you need a 9.5" E-locker out of the rear of a FZJ80 :D

But, if you find a cheap 8" E-locker, send it my way :D

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom