Diff lock actuator assembly (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Threads
Anybody ever pull the assembly? Can hear motor working but not engaging. Suspect the gears are jacked and want to investigate. Dealer said this would be very expensive due to how inaccessible the bolts are. Been putting this off but would like to have a functioning diff lock.

Any ideas?

Have you tried driving in figure 8 slowly on soft surface to see if they will engage?

Might try this before ... has worked many times for others.

Anybody ever pull the assembly? Can hear motor working but not engaging. Suspect the gears are jacked and want to investigate. Dealer said this would be very expensive due to how inaccessible the bolts are. Been putting this off but would like to have a functioning diff lock.

Any ideas?

I've taken it apart and rebuilt it. It's on my build thread, the dealer is lying. Its a relatively easy thing to check.

This is real common to the e-lockers and you can find lots of info on rebuilding them in the 80-series sections.
I've been through mine twice now but you'll want to follow some instructions to get the timing right when you put it all back together.

First, make real sure it doesn't work as it's not an instant lock up:

Put the truck into low range.
Turn on the rear diff lock (note the dash light should be flashing now).
Jack up one rear wheel and turn it slowly a few turns and it should lock up and that dash light should go solid.

go try the figure 8 donuts as suggested above, do it on dirt. It fixed my issue.

Tried that. Dash lights not lighting at all. Can hear a click on switch. Thoughts?

The diff lock light switch gets crud and doesn’t work but not locking even when you heard it work would have nothing to do with lights

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom