For Sale Diesel troopcarrier hj45 landcuiser 1980 for sale (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Toyota H Diesel Six Cylinder
Four Wheel Drive
Four Speed Manual Transmission
Manual Steering
Power Brakes

Hello...

I have a beautiful 1980 HJ45 Toyota Landcruiser HJ45 Diesel Troopcarrier for sale. This this a great example of an original, stock, unmolested Troopy that had very LITTLE rust before restoration. Its just been painted mustard yellow and has newly reupholstered seats. Powered by a Toyota H six cyclinder diesel engine, Rugged 4x4, power brakes, manual steering, manual transmission with four speed.

Currently it has 31" tires with white steel rims as shown in the photos or I also have a set of original Toyota split rims painted gray in "like new" condition with skinny tires if the buyer would prefer those instead.

Overall this truck is in EXCELLENT condition and I encourage a full inspection by the buyer. [/COLOR]The truck starts right up, drives great, brakes correctly, drives straight and solid down the road with good power and keeps up with traffic on the freeway. I am not a mechanic, I have no problem with bringing it to a mechanic of the buyers choice to be checked out.

The Bad...
The front door weatherstripping was removed and the gas gauge and speedometer were disconnected for the paint job and need to be sorted out.

I have two of four rear bench side seats which are troopcarrier style but I dont believe them to be original HJ45 troopcarrier seats. I get asked about this a lot and the original seats in these trucks are troopcarrier bench seats that fold up on the sides. They are like the FJ40 rear seats but longer. Over the years Ive seen lots of different rear seats in these trucks. You can easily put in forward facing seats, or put in the FJ40 jump seats or if you really want I could try and find you a set of the correct troopcarrier seats separately after the sale.

These trucks are very solid and were made to go slow and steady straight up a mountain or through a river. They were not made to go 80mph down the freeway or to handle like a race car. If you want those qualities then Id recommend buying a 2011 FJ. But if you want the most stylish/durable around to drive to your Landcruiser club meeting, or have people wave and stare as you go by and get asked at every gas station what kind of truck it is then Id say buy a HJ45 Troopcarrier. They are very easy to work on and use all the same parts as the common FJ40s. The only difference is the extended chassis and the diesel engine. For parts and more information check out Spector Landcruiser Parts. They can get you anything youd ever need for this truck.

The truck will be sold with current California registration, California license plates and a clean California title. It DOES NOT need to be smogged because its exempt being a 1980 diesel. The truck is right hand drive which is completely legal and very easy to get used to. It is located in sunny San Diego and the asking price is $16,900 but I am open to reasonable cash offers.

I will assist in shipping but all arrangements and costs are the responsibility of the buyer. If requested I can take photos of any part of the truck. PLEASE EMAIL ME DIRECTLY AT richardshep@hotmail.com if you are seriously interested in this truck.

These trucks often sell very quickly so its is first come first serve and will only hold it for someone once a deposit has been taken. Just check around and look at the prices other people are asking for Troopys in this condition and you will see this is a great deal.

Thanks Rich
053.jpg
029.jpg
035.jpg

Last edited:
Wow!!! That is an absolutely gorgeous cruiser!!! Your ad shows up with black letters on a black background in my browser. I had to highlight the words to read the ad. Best of luck selling it.

X2...black letters, black background. Using firefox

Nice troopy!!!

Sorry about the black on black, I had some serious issues between the keyboard and the chair.. (all fixed now...):bang: computers...ouch

Wow!!! That is an absolutely gorgeous cruiser!!! Your ad shows up with black letters on a black background in my browser. I had to highlight the words to read the ad. Best of luck selling it.

X2...black letters, black background. Using firefox

Nice troopy!!!

That is an amazing piece of work...

Great job... Just started re building one hope it turns out as nice as that...

yeah I agree... even I used the correct mustard yellow paint code it came out more like the yellow on the new FJ cruisers. I do have some pics before paint. Send me an email and I can send them to you.

I sent you an email. Any concerns about driving this truck cross-country (at a reasonable speed of course)?

Last edited:
Saw you had the troopy listed on Ebay and that the reserve/buy it now was missed. Is she still available here on MUD? I've been lurking on the site for months and saving my cash. Should be ready to pull the trigger on a vehicle by August. I hope you don't have to wait until then to sell, but if it's still available, I'll be coming to take a look. Jim

The reserve was not missed. It sold outside Ebay for the buy it now price of 15500$ so I canceled the auction early. If you are seriously interested in one send me your email address to richardshep@hotmail.com and if I have another Landcruiser Troopy for sale in the future Ill send you the info and pics before i advertise it here or on Ebay. Thanks Rich

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom