diesel tolerant tube 6mm to 8mm fit (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Threads
I have an issue. nozzle return (leakage) off of pump is 6mm, return line on firewall is 8mm. obviously, 5/16" (essen 8mm, ID shown as 7.8mm) rubber tubing will not clamp down on the pump spud. is electical shrink tubing diesel tolerant? other ideas..

Push an 8mm line past the ferrule closer to the pump, it gets to be 8mm there.

Dave

I would persue figuring out a way to get the rubber to clamp down using 6mm rubber hose (1/4"). Even if heat shrink wrap worked it'd still be hoaky IMO. I had this same issue recently, the return is (obviously) not a high pressure system. Rubber line and carquest around here sells brass adapters from 1/4" to 5/16" that would probably work great...

Last edited:
dave-

spud is 6mm from banjo fitting out.

andre-

the adapter might be the ticket, I just wanted to have reduced numbers of clamps inline on the system.

no way, no how will the 6mm line stretch enough for the 8mm firewall return

rick_d said:
dave-

spud is 6mm from banjo fitting out.

Rick, the most factory solution is to retrofit an older fuel return line with an 8mm post ferrule return line. Here is a pic of RoscoHZJ73's fuel pump that has what I was talking about:

1HZ_PICS_002_1.jpg

BTW, the idler shafts measured 37.90 mm (Don Kyatt) and 37.94 mm (factory)

Dave

only problem with that spud is it's not altitude compensated and the banjo installs in the horizontal plane. hd-t pumps and alt. comp. pumps install in with the banjo in the vertical plane.

i have the modern (aka ens version) nozzle leakage pipe and it don't fit the 5/16 id rubber.

Look if an older version of the 1HDT return line has the same 8mm to 6 mm configuration. I can check later when I get home. At worst, take the older 1HZ line and mount it in the vertical plane. Is the mounting indexed in anyway?

Dave

80 series data:
1/90-6/92 hd-t takes 23762-17020 which subs to 17021

same for same period hz.

6/92-1/95 hd-t and alt comp hz is 17021 that subs to 17050.

1/95+ hd-ft and alt comp hz take 17050

70 series (2004 parts book)
hz all sub to 17050 then to 17051 (all) with alt comp pumps.

70 series hd-fte takes 17060, which appears to be a horizontal orientation.

I assumed, later model, bigger better system. maybe better, but certainly not bigger.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom