Diesel swap (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Threads
Please I need help on deciding whether do or not a swap from gasoline to diesel to my 1997 80 series auto transmission rig using JDM 1KZ-TE 3.0L TURBO DIESEL ENGINE 1KZ RWD AUTOMATIC TRANSMISSION ECU HARNESS (this used engine is listed on eBay)

Thank you comments and advice would be much appreciated

I believe that it gives better fuel economy, durability and higher torque for hauling and crawling. I feel the gas engine is weaker lacks power and as conclusion I have a sense that is interesting thing

You can burn through thousands of gallons of extra fuel with your current rig before you would ever see the fuel economy pay dividends.

That engine is for a hilux, 4runner, minivan and some of the wimpier 70-series. You need a 1HD variant for your land cruiser.

And I personally would not bother unless your 1fz is dead or dying and you really just like diesels and projects. The fuel savings will never offset the cost of the swap. You can add lots of power to the 1fz with a turbo or supercharger. But if you're doing it just for fun, then by all means! :D

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom