Diesel Specific Gauges (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Threads
What diesel specific gauges would be good to have mounted in easy view?

EGT, Boost, water temp?
In a HJ40 I could have three gauges in the pod in addition to Speedo & Tach.

What would be the most important ones to put there in plain sight?

Cheers, Allen

I would put Boost, EGTs, and Oil Pressure near one another. Though not ideal you can still use the factory water temp and voltmeter gauges.

EDIT: I'm not sure if the 40s have a voltmeter gauge or not. It's nice to have, though not a real necessity if you have dual batteries IMO.

In my Diesel Cruiser I have Pyro / Oil Press / Boost / Water Temp in that very same priority order ..

Holy Old Thread resurrection!! Looking mostly for a 60 series installation/gauge locations
How about people list their MOST REQUIRED gauges you need for a turbo diesel. I’d like
to see which brands are most desirable and why? Lease post pics of installations.
I’m doing a intercooler installation this week. When it arrives a new GTurbo Grunter is going on.
So I need gauges and am wondering what everyone has and how they mounted them.
These three are my favourites, wondering what others think.
I had a Glowshift 3in1 - never again! Too much light, flashing, pain in the ass. I actually ended up covering it in electrical tape at night.

D88CB740-91DF-4278-B19B-4D4E45A152E8.jpeg
7A33C47C-4E4E-429A-BE78-D7B5FE6FBD8B.jpeg
5A818262-A4C9-40AF-A636-C950CE96598C.jpeg

This is probably more for the Aussie guys but I really like the Saas streetline series of gauges....

saas-streetline-exhaust-temp-gauge-0-degree-900-degree-52mm-black-street-series-sg21240-2ce.jpg

saas-streetline-boost-gauge-diesel-020-psi-52mm-black-street-series-sg21212-f3f.jpg

I like the 270 degree rotation (makes it really really easy to read at a quick glance) and their diesel boost gauge showing up to 20psi is perfect for most cruisers (I’m guessing most people are running less than 20psi).

Gauges seem to be between $45aud and $65aud so very well priced.

I’m not a big fan of “2 in 1” gauges, I find they are harder to read at a quick glance...

Redarc gauges were recommended to me from a fellow from Aus. Really nice, and dual EGT & Boost with water
temp option. A bit pricey, and my dislike of all things 'glow LED' make it hard for me to want one. I just don't find it
fits into my last century dash panel.

0000307_egt-boost-pressure-52mm-gauge-with-optional-oil-pressure-display_360.png
0000299_single-oil-pressure-52mm-gauge-with-optional-temperature-display_360.png

Redarc gauges were recommended to me from a fellow from Aus. Really nice, and dual EGT & Boost with water
temp option. A bit pricey, and my dislike of all things 'glow LED' make it hard for me to want one. I just don't find it
fits into my last century dash panel.

View attachment 1988121View attachment 1988122
With the EGT gauge you will be near redline majority of time.

With the EGT gauge you will be near redline majority of time.
That is just an example, they offer various scales depending on requirements. Its something to think about when
looking at what offerings are up. I'm getting the Westach Dual gauge made up, I think they look cool. But the site has
many 'ranges of motion' so have to be careful when a person hits 'add to cart'.

Reactions: J2P
I have been using VEI systems gauges, they are digital and provide dual function models which are great for space saving, and allowing two related readings such as boost and EGT to be viewed close together. The quality is top notch and seem to be more accurate then others I've tried. Whatever you DO NOT use Glowshift, complete junk.

I have been using VEI systems gauges, they are digital and provide dual function models which are great for space saving, and allowing two related readings such as boost and EGT to be viewed close together. The quality is top notch and seem to be more accurate then others I've tried. Whatever you DO NOT use Glowshift, complete junk.
I have Glowshift 3 in 1 gauge for two years and no problem. Love having everything in one gauge, boost, egt, transmission temp.

Whatever you DO NOT use Glowshift, complete junk.
I had to cover it with electrical tape at night, drove me nuts! I was actually glad when it short circuited with my
alternator. I hated that gauge

Yep, that's what I like. Easy to read and they look good. Hewitt Industries is in California and looks like they cater mostly to big rigs/industrial applications. The website says that they design and manufacture in the USA.

I see you prefer the amazing sound of Land Cruiser over the road instead of music! I too
have a vacancy there in my dash.

I'll get to that eventually. The stereo will go in the Tuffy console.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom