Diesel Shutdown question... (1 Viewer)

For those with a diesel conversion (ditch the 2F in a '60, throw in a diesel), how do you control the shutdown of the engine with no ignition to speak of?

Assume that the diesel isn't a Toyota diesel. Is there a fuel cut-off solenoid that's activated?

Thanks for any input.

uberhahn

on most diesel engines ther is a fuel cut off solenoid .... what engine did you swap?

Donor trucks

I am planning a swap. I've found the '60 I want (1897).

I have also decided on the engine (Isuzu 4BD1T). Should be relativel easy to match to a H55F transmission.

If I purchase a donor truck (usually a delivery / box truck), what should I keep?

What did you do with your donor vehicle once gutted (for those that used donor vehicles)?

Tapage

Club 4X4 Panamá
Website
www.4x4panama.com
I thought in things as vaccum pump, I'm not sure in the Isuzu engine, but I believe that comes in the block. Also power steering and alternator ( the alternators in the gas engines comes with more amps ) and for sure keep the wiring from Isuzu truck.

13B-T has a vacuum shutter that starves the engine of air.

didn't know they made diesels in 1897? lol

I don't know anything about that isuzi motor, but I think keeping it Toyota is better for parts and re sale value (maybe not cost though)

good luck

In 1892, Rudolf Diesel was issued a patent for a proposed engine, in which air would be compressed so much that the temperature would far exceed the ignition temperature of the fuel. In 1893, he published a paper describing an engine with combustion within a cylinder, the internal combustion engine. In 1894, he filed for a patent for his new invention, dubbed the diesel engine. His engine was the first that proved that fuel could be ignited without a spark. He operated his first successful engine in 1897. In 1898, Rudolf Diesel was granted patent #608,845 for an "internal combustion engine" the Diesel engine.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom