diesel power 1hd-ft

This is the finished result of the week
turbo (landcruiser exhaust supra compressor)
and a shiney intake
14psi of boost
lots of fuel
530 max egt's after turbo ..probs a bit hot ..but ..sooo much power
22042010.jpg

No air box could stay ,but im modifying it to have a closed top and 3" pipe coming in the side of it with a internal pod filter so i can still use a snorkel .pod is so she is still drivable

when i come into full boost the air filter blockage light was coming on even with a new air filter ,

Tapage

Club 4X4 Panamá
Website
www.4x4panama.com
when i come into full boost the air filter blockage light was coming on even with a new air filter ,

that's pretty normal in my case when I'm boosting more than 14PSI over 3K rpm .. :D

So you are saying the EGT probe is after turbo. If it is then add 100 to 150deg F to those readings for a closer to accurate reading.

that's pretty normal in my case when I'm boosting more than 14PSI over 3K rpm .. :D

Interesting. I haven't seen that light yet. I can make 16psi from 1800rpm right through to about 2500 but that's when I start running out of air. At 3000rpm I'm usually down to about 12-13psi. Although I'm hoping that problem will be gone after tomorrow... :D

mudgudgeon

SILVER Star
Interesting. I haven't seen that light yet. I can make 16psi from 1800rpm right through to about 2500 but that's when I start running out of air. At 3000rpm I'm usually down to about 12-13psi. Although I'm hoping that problem will be gone after tomorrow... :D

Your HDJ81 may not have the blocked filter light? My '90 model didnt have it.

good luck with progress Adam, keen to hear how you go :cool:

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom