Diesel Mechanic (Toronto, Canada) Wanted ASAP!! (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Threads
Does anyone know of a mechanic and their address that knows how to do repairs to Toyota diesel engines in the Toronto, Canada area?
I don't trust any of the mechanics working at any of the toyota dealerships.....

Yeah whats wrong?

There's an oil leak coming from the right side of the engine around the oil filter area. It's not the oil filter leaking. I thought that it could have been a leak at the oil pan because when I look underneath it appears that oil is leaking from that area. But I don't think that's the source of the leak either. It looks as if it's coming from the oil filter housing. When the engine is running the oil drips from the engine down along the side. But I can't say for sure where the leak is from as the oil filter is in the way.
I can't fix it myself as I have no garage or driveway to do any repairs. So that's why I need to find someone to do it for me.....

under the oil filter there are two lines that run to the back of your altenator (actually the vaccum pump) one of those lines may have sprung a leak, as they usually don't get looked at ever! or might just need to be tightened a little... There are copper washers that crush to form a tight seal on the hydralic line... might be a slow leak for that...

or it it's lower than those lines it could be the oil pressure sensor...

any and all are easy fixes... find the leak and let us know where exactly it is coming from.... many hose shops can make these hydralic lines....

Just make sure it isn't leaking from the oil filter itself!

Update...

First things first, always (at least try to) bring a clean vehicle to your mechanic. Cleaned engine to easily spot the oil leak.

I just told the Rig of Mortis that it was a late night Show n' Shine to keep her happy.

TLC-Car_Wash.jpg

The leak seems to be coming from a blown gasket for the lifter cover and to access that, removal of the injector pump is necessary, bunch of labour for this one... gasket is on order from Toyota, time slot for shop time is slated for Friday.

First chance I've had to meet "87 HJ60" in person -Good guy with a healthy passion for all things four wheeled.

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom