Diesel Landies in Honduras-newbie (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Threads
Well, first of all thanks for reading my first thread. :flipoff2:
Now down to business!!
I've got a never-ending supply of Diesel Landies down here in Honduras (Peace Corps Volunteer) and I want to drive one back to the states. I'm not worried about the importation as much as what it is that I am buying and what it is worth in America. I know the Bs and Hs are somewhat rare in the States, but are they priced higher in Honduras?!
From what I have gathered from you folks and other sites, the majority of the LCs down here are 40s and 45s between 1975 and 1983 of varying stock quality. I've a few photos to post, but the attachment isn't working right now. Anyway, which is best for me to purchase as far as rarity and resale value and all-around badassness is concerned?

Example: 1978 45 pickup 6 cylinder diesel (is that an H?) in great condition and not the original paint was purchased in Honduras for $6,000. Assuming that the majority of the truck is original (engine, drivetrain, bed box...) is it worth more or less than $6,000 in the USA?
-------Banjo:beer:

I paid $13,000 for mine, it only had 86,000 km and it was very clean. I may be dumb paying that much but so far it has been worth it to me.

Welcome:flipoff2: (Not an insult, just the official mud welcome)

How about an FJ43?

They seem to be very hard to come by in the US.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom