Wanted Diesel LandCruiser (BJ60, HJ60, BJ70, etc) (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

I've wanted a diesel LandCruiser for a long time, but haven't had much luck finding one on MUD or elsewhere online. (I would have bought this one, but was too late in seeing it: https://forum.ih8mud.com/vehicles-t...02-1985-bj60-landcriuser-3b-diesel-5-spd.html). So, if you've been thinking about selling yours, let me know.

My preference would be for a 60s series, but I'll take a look at anything in reasonably good shape. But please no RHD models.

thanks!

I've wanted a diesel LandCruiser for a long time, but haven't had much luck finding one on MUD or elsewhere online. (I would have bought this one, but was too late in seeing it: https://forum.ih8mud.com/vehicles-t...02-1985-bj60-landcriuser-3b-diesel-5-spd.html). So, if you've been thinking about selling yours, let me know.

My preference would be for a 60s series, but I'll take a look at anything in reasonably good shape. But please no RHD models.

thanks!

"But please no RHD models"......you just made your search even more difficult.:)

Check your local craigslist, as there's a nice HJ60 up for sale there.

Thanks for the link, but that one's a little out of my price range. (But it looks like a great rig!)

Also, I should have mentioned that I'm looking for a manual transmission. I've scanned the Kijiji listings up in BC, but was hoping to flush out anyone who hasn't posted there (yet).

What is your price range and what are you expecting? Most Canadian trucks are in need of body and or frame repair work.

I'm starting to get mine ready for sale, just working on an EDIC issue at the moment, then it'll be hitting the forum. I've done some frame patch work but that's only a bandaid of course.

What is your price range and what are you expecting? Most Canadian trucks are in need of body and or frame repair work.

I'm starting to get mine ready for sale, just working on an EDIC issue at the moment, then it'll be hitting the forum. I've done some frame patch work but that's only a bandaid of course.

Are you selling Ruby?? I'd say my price range is up to about $12-13k (preferably less), but if I'm paying that much for a 20+ year vehicle, then as clean and rust-free a frame and body is important.

Yes, we will be selling Ruby, I'm thinking around $4k but it needs frame work (most Canadian trucks do) as well as a bit of body work, not nearly as much as most but it is 30 years old this coming year...

You will be hard pressed to find a supper clean rig up north, but they are up here.....just hard to find one. People want a mint for them mind you.

I'd be easier to find a rust free FJ60 in CA/AZ and get a rusted Can BJ and do a swap. That's what I wanted to do but I just don't have the time or shop to do it so I'll have to sell my truck so someone else can do it.

This like all the other diesels are a novel idea but remember these are old rigs and expensive to work on. The only way to get a clean one is to buy calif fj and a up north rusty and join them... Seems under 10k to do this but alot of work for the individual.
I have the clean calif 60 and have been watching dlesels close to me but im wanting to pay in the 4 range for a rusty one.

Last edited:
Bj70 in north ga craigslist for sale at 11k. No affiliation just passing on the findings.

Straight from a Swedish copper mine, that BJ70. Very interesting. So, fossilcruiser, have you checked out the HJ60 in your neighborhood? In this case, turbo glide isn't referring to an automatic transmission, btw. Perhaps it could be had for your top dollar price.

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom