Diesel fuel shutoff? B engine. (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Threads
Anyone any help identifying this, marked X in the engine pic. Today I spent an hour just looking in at my 'new to me' B engine in my BJ40, familiarising myself if you like. Seen as I havent yet been able to run the engine, I am presuming that the fuel shutoff is a manual operation and this has something to with it. A wire also goes from it to the starter motor, and at the front end of it a cable operated from inside the cab operates something on the pump.
51.jpg
53.jpg

here is a guess....as I am use to 3b and the b , but Canadian market .
The pull knob in the dash is to turn on the fuel....the motor , marked x , is your overinjection magnet . You pull the knob to turn on the fuel and when you turn your ign. key to start it energizes the over-injection magnet so you get a litle more fuel to help start .
Hth , Daryl
Try posting your questions to the international setion .

The EDIC motor you have a picture of turns the fuel off and on and also over injects when starting.

If the arm does not move when you try to start the motor you will have a problem with the EDIC.

You can pop the arm off quickly and override the EDIC to get it running.

Rob

Your engine does not have a EDIC motor.
It is a general service model.
The left side photo is your overinjection magnet.
It will pull back on the lever to richen the injection
during starting only.
On the back side of the lever on the injection pump,
you can see the cable that runs to the full shut off control
on your dash.
You pull out the cable to stop the motor and it should lock
in the out position. You turn the knob and push it back
in flush with the dash to start the engine. If it is pulled
out, engine will not start.

Thanks for that one and all. Good to have something to confuse anyone who ever wants to steal her on me. Its like the old trucks and forklifts we drive at work, pull the stopper.....to stop the engine.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom