Diesel fuel priming (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Threads
Hey folks, my HJ45 sits for 1-2 months sometimes while I travel for work. When I’m home she’s a daily driver for 1-2 month stretches.
Recently I came home and tried firing her up and she kept stalling after start, she even started and ran for a few miles then stalled. I spoke to a few people and suspect was Diesel and the potential that there was water in my separator. So I went full scale and replaced the filter and gaskets etc. to be honest I always had this done by a mechanic so this was my first time.

I do not have a filter unit with a priming pump, the pump is actually on the side of the engine. I used it to try and get fuel to fill in the filter unit but it’s not filling as expected. I get small spurts but not full. I think I’m missing a step, I suspect I need to open a port to allow fuel to flow and then when full pressurize and allow air to escape. My thought process for now.

I don’t have a vacuum pump but could get one.

Can someone point me at an instruction or thread with instruction?

Thanks folks

IMG_1529.jpeg

This is from the manual for my H motor. Not sure which engine you have..
Basically you unlock the pump knob, pump it with the bleed screw open, and then relock it as I understand.
I never actually did this so interested to learn more...

Screenshot_20230521-193330_Samsung Notes.jpg

Screenshot_20230521-193541_Samsung Notes.jpg

You should post in the diesel section !
Bleeding the fuel filter: get a spare hose and plastic pop bottle, start pumping the manual pump allowing fluid from the filter via hose and loosening the connection. There should be a bleed nipple on the out put hose connection. Bleed the fluid into the bottle, when the bubbles stop and is only just fuel going in then lock off the bleeder valve where the hose is connected and your done. should take about 30 - 90 pumps. If there are still bubbles then you have an air leak somewhere in the line. Make sure your injectors are not loose and any other connections. Over tightening can result in very poor milage.

Thank you both.

This is from the manual for my H motor. Not sure which engine you have..
Basically you unlock the pump knob, pump it with the bleed screw open, and then relock it as I understand.
I never actually did this so interested to learn more...

View attachment 3328481

View attachment 3328485
Let me see if the manual reflects the vehicle, as you know they don’t always look the same, anymore. If so, I’ll go step by step and report back. I didn’t have these pages, which manual did this come from? Looking from my phone at the moment, thanks

Well, I found my H Manual and I also found the page that describes the process. LOL not much to be seen however, thank god for Youtube:
1685071285055.png

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom