Diesel Fuel Prefilter? (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Mike here,. I put on a FASS lift pump.
Any info on your fass pump?

I just fitted a cheapish electric lift pump to my 13bt powered land rover. Despite the old posts on the forum saying that the stock lift pumps are bullet proof and there being no benefit to fitting an electric pump... I noticed quite a large performance improvement. I might try and have my mechanical lift pump rebuilt and see what difference that makes. But I'm also interested in buying a better electric pump now that I know I'm barking up the right tree. The pump I have is 24v and supplies 11-13psi. The stock lift pump is meant to supply 28psi so there's potentially more power to be had by upgrading... The fass website is pretty crappy, but it looks like their tuneable pumps (can alter psi) are all 12v?

Any info on your fass pump?

I just fitted a cheapish electric lift pump to my 13bt powered land rover. Despite the old posts on the forum saying that the stock lift pumps are bullet proof and there being no benefit to fitting an electric pump... I noticed quite a large performance improvement. I might try and have my mechanical lift pump rebuilt and see what difference that makes. But I'm also interested in buying a better electric pump now that I know I'm barking up the right tree. The pump I have is 24v and supplies 11-13psi. The stock lift pump is meant to supply 28psi so there's potentially more power to be had by upgrading... The fass website is pretty crappy, but it looks like their tuneable pumps (can alter psi) are all 12v?

I run the AFE lift pumps on on F350’s, 2015, 1016 and 2019 all diesels, great performance and no water or air issues. . So I looked into it with the fass system to try it on the 12HT. I had a nightmare getting to this final product. Water and air are pretty much a non issue now. (I also replaced the tank, and new fuel lines.) Hell, I also added an Insane diesel oil filtration as well, so oil is clean too. So, for your FASS question, I would look at some other other brands as well.....caterpillar makes a lot of great options, bully dog. Just check them all an see what works number wise. I hope this helps a little with your research and solution. Good luck.
Mike T
39C54F76-9022-4EBF-B27B-DC4E6EF51557.jpeg

Once the Bosch hand primer arrives, I am going to remove it. I have to wait since all my kids are home driving my other vehicles... not that they can go anywhere!

Ok, Bosch primer pump is here. Was searching on how to replace it. Does the original not just unscrew? Was going to try tomorrow. Some searches made it sound like a PITA with a special tool recommended?

Wrench or vice grip. When you pull it off just keep in mind there is a seal and a spring that will want to come out with it. Just go slow and put your other hand under to catch any falling pieces. If you want I’ll take one of my spares apart to show you

Wrench or vice grip. When you pull it off just keep in mind there is a seal and a spring that will want to come out with it. Just go slow and put your other hand under to catch any falling pieces. If you want I’ll take one of my spares apart to show you
That would be great!

Here ya go.....

Very helpful!

swapping was easy-peasy! Maybe a little easier than most since mine is RHD and steering isn’t in the way!

I think it was just in time as mine had diesel pooling in the plastic handle:

9C21A6D5-6A68-4720-ACF0-0EDD5174D7AE.jpeg

The copper crush washer was still there:
1888ABF5-9FB9-4F5A-936D-F0E2FB3A680E.jpeg

Finished install: took about 10 minutes!
94415C35-B10E-42AF-8CFE-E11D25247513.jpeg

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom