diesel filler neck part number??? (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Threads
Hello everyone.

I am doing a Cummins repower in my 84 FJ60. The diesel fill neck has a bigger hole for the bigger diesel nozzles at the gas station. My FJ was a gas engine before.

Can someone tell me the Part Number or If someone has a VIN from a FJ60 with a diesel they can share I can look it up at my toyota dealer.

Thanks for any help

Marc

I swapped mine when doing the swap but...there are only a couple spot welds holding the inner neck in place...should not be hard to break free and your good to go

On mine, I just spent some time with a chisel and took out unleaded restricter. DO BE CAREFULL, I later had to take it all apart and seal a small tear in the outer tube. It's not too hard to remove. If you do that you could cut our the insides, clean it up and re-install.

Bob

Try an ad in the classifieds for a used diesel filler tube

like the others say, as I did also, pound it out as it is pretty easy to do.

Daryl

thanks

Good stuff guys.

I will post an add and gently persusde the old one out.

I will have a question about the fuel lines next.

There are 6 lines or more off my tank. WTF?

I was hoping for some news on a supply return and vent.

Take care

Marc

Good stuff guys.

I will post an add and gently persusde the old one out.

I will have a question about the fuel lines next.

There are 6 lines or more off my tank. WTF?

I was hoping for some news on a supply return and vent.

Take care

Marc

The fuel tubes are easy to change ,at least on a 70 series.

As for the supply line,the FJ60 should have 3 lines to the engine bay ,one to the fuel pump,one as a return back to the tank and one to the charcoal filter for venting.
Diesels only have two so you just block/remove the vent line.
Some diesels send the excess fuel back to the filter instead of the tank so check to see what the cummins does.

Ignore the 6 lines on the tank,they mostly go round in circles so its really 3 lines:D

The guys up at Radd Cruisers bouth a new one for my truck. You might contact them.

What's the diameter required for the opening? I haven't gotten to that part on mine yet.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom