Diesel Dual Filler Neck

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Threads
Hey all. Check this out. Is there any reason this can't be made emissions legal with the addition of a unleaded fuel restrictor? I've seen CDan's and other's posts and know it's not good to go as is. So far as I know, the restrictor is the only difference between the Diesel and Petrol Dual Filler Necks. Thanks.

Last edited:
Spector lists a restricted and unrestricted filler neck but dosen't mention the unrestricted being deisel . Is it possible that some countries still or did at the time allow leaded petrol?

It seems you ought to be able to just tig in a plate with the right size hole to make the inspectors happy. And didn't Colorado recently do away with emissions testing? Or was that just ElPaso County?

I was thinking that or, just cut the top of the filler off and tig a US spec one on. There's supposed to be an insert you can put in, but I haven't seen one yet.

Difference between diesel and petrol dual filler necks

The filler you show is nearly exactly the same as the petrol neck. I compared your pics with my petrol dual filler neck and the vent tubes on yours are longer and drop down to the level of the main hose outlets, whereas my vent tubes end after approximatley 4 inches.

Thats the same filler I have. I never new it was for a diesel...doesn't really matter to me. I have been running this for over 4 years in cali with no issues at the smog man. I don't think they check for the restrictor much any more now that leaded gas is gone.

Here's a pic of the cap. It says DIESEL in English and Japanese, has the teq (toyota) stamp and the funky stamp you see on the oem radiator upper tank.

Last edited:
The filler you show is nearly exactly the same as the petrol neck. I compared your pics with my petrol dual filler neck and the vent tubes on yours are longer and drop down to the level of the main hose outlets, whereas my vent tubes end after approximatley 4 inches.

Really? Got a pic of that? I've got a petrol tank/filler set up coming to me and it is exactly the same, but has a black cap. I don't have it yet, so I don't know if there is a restrictor in it or not. All the pics I've seen look like the one I have unless it's one of the 105 fillers.

Here's a pic of the cap. It says DIESEL in English and Japanese, has the teq (toyota) stamp and the funky stamp you see on the oem radiator upper tank.

Chad,

I believe that the "funky" stamp you see is a logo for Toyoda Gosei (TG).

Don't ask me how I know.:D

toyoda gosei.jpg

Does it look like this?

Last edited:
Chad,

I believe that the "funky" stamp you see is a logo for Toyoda Gosei (TG).

Don't ask me how I know.:D

What's Toyoda Gosei? Is that a parts manufacturer like Araco?

Petrol Dual Filler Neck

Really? Got a pic of that? I've got a petrol tank/filler set up coming to me and it is exactly the same, but has a black cap. I don't have it yet, so I don't know if there is a restrictor in it or not. All the pics I've seen look like the one I have unless it's one of the 105 fillers.

The filler neck is exactly as your's other than the vent tube lengths. Mine does not have a restricter either, I will need to sort that. Stock gas cap fits perfectly.

The filler neck is exactly as your's other than the vent tube lengths. Mine does not have a restricter either, I will need to sort that. Stock gas cap fits perfectly.

CDan, do you know if a retrofit restricter available from T or another source?

Originally posted by Jenny Cruiser

The dual filler neck that I bought came from a 80 petrol. Just like yours, it does not have the restrictor plate and has a black cap with TEQ and TG stamped on it. Mine is exactly as yours and the only difference is the gray diesel cap. I think this type of filler neck were designed for countries with both diesel and gas with no emission regulations.

Originally posted by Angel?

When you fill your tank at gas stations, does the station's filler nozzle snap back(stop pumping) when the tank is full?

Last edited:
Both petrol and diesel 80 series in Australia came out with main and sub fuel tanks. The filler assy on both is identical and interchangeable. The post 93 models had smaller holes for the bowser filler to differentiate between leaded and unleaded petrol but that was the only change and it was simply a piece of metal plate inserted into the filler neck with a smaller diameter hole. This allows probuction of a universl filler assy with a small mod to differentiate between petrol and diesel, it keeps manufaturing costs to a minimum. If you can get an Australian petrol or diesel filler assy it will/should bolt straight in and be compliant as it's OEM.

Originally posted by Angel?

When you fill your tank at gas stations, does the station's filler nozzle snap back(stop pumping) when the tank is full?

Don't yet know, as have not yet installed the tank. Upcoming project this next month.

Does anybody happen to know the PN for the duel-filler neck, as well as the sub tank, and any associated parts?

If possible, I would like to see if I can source them (I've run a few PN's for a misc. bits/pieces from the aux/sub tank and they all showed up on my JDM EPC). So I feel that there's at least some chance that I might be able to get them.

Anyway, let me know if any of you have downloaded the Toyota world EPC thingy and have access to this info.

Mot

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom