Diesel Cruiser help (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Threads
New guy, and I apologize for coming straight at you, asking for help, but I could use it.
I have been looking for a diesel cruiser for a short time, meaning I don't know alot about them other than I would like to have one.
I have tried looking at different forums to find one at a reasonable cost, but there are so many variables, and I am new to the cruiser scene. I have had jeeps, and understand the variables associated, but not the cruisers
Would you please look at this and give me the pro's, or cons, or if you know where I might find one.
I am not looking for a ground up resto. I just want one that I can do the minor stuff, tires, wheel, lift kit etc. Not a major project. Not really looking for collectability as I doubt I would sale it. Just a Nice functioning cruiser to take out in the sand, and rocks around here.

This guy had a BJ40 that I was looking at and aHJ45. The BJ sold. I would be happy with either one, as long as it is in good shape.Both links, but the BJ is sold.
1980 Toyota Land Cruiser *Rare Diesel* Pick up - FJ40/FJ45/HJ45 - No Rust | eBay
1980 Toyota Land Cruiser *RARE DIESEL* FJ40/BJ40 | eBay

Appreciate it

You should stay away from the South American/ Costa Rican importers. That truck has been worked hard all of its life and may not actually be in Florida yet. It wouldn't be the first time someone has not accurately listed the location of an imported Cruiser.

Then I guess I will pass.
If for some reason one of you comes across one that might be worth buying, please let me know.
Thanks

You should stay away from the South American/ Costa Rican importers. That truck has been worked hard all of its life and may not actually be in Florida yet. It wouldn't be the first time someone has not accurately listed the location of an imported Cruiser.

Sorry to say but I disagree.

To think that North American or Aussie or even Middle East Cruisers had any better of a life is not fair. I have seen so many beat down farmer hack job trucks right here in the USA and the same goes for Australia. Any and every hack job done in Latin America I have seen just as bad if not worse on trucks that been right here in the USA all it's life.

True some folks out of CR have been very shady. True Latin trucks are often full of body filler and have crap repairs. But they are not all that way.

Judge the truck not where it is from. Do yourself a favor and buy an electronic body filler detector. Avoid fly by night sellers. Know a thing or two about Cruisers. That is the best way to purchase.

Let's remember folks, these are old work trucks!

Cheers

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom