Builds Diesel 80 Series build report - The Swiss way;-) (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Threads
Dear 80 Series Fans,

I have been following your posts here for a long time and I always admired the awesome pictures you post in various forums. This is my first post on this site.

Since the beginning of 2014 I am the proud owner of an 80 Series Diesel over here in Switzerland, Europe. It has a DIY drawer system, in-car sleeping set-up and lots of other mods.

First we inserted a custom water tank for the passenger footwell:

IMG_2100.JPG

The wood you see if for levelling out the floor later on. The tank has a capacity of about 55 liters and has hook-ups on each side. On the right side will be the pipe to the pump and the shower head. On the left side a simpel water outlet. On top of that goes the floor and frame for the sleeping platform:

IMG_2138.JPG

The idea was to use drawers, so this is one of the industrial type rollers:

IMG_2152.JPG

This is one finished drawer:

IMG_1613.JPG

The water pump is nicely tucked away in the right side panel. Same goes for the additional electricity in the left panel. The fuse box and cables are routed through there:

IMG_1589.JPG

IMG_1594.JPG
IMG_2297.JPG

Finally with the "lid", the sleeping platform attached:

IMG_2316.JPG

When driving you have access to the fridge and other storage. You can fold up the sleeping platfrom for easier access:

IMG_1645.JPG

All put together after many working hours, this is the result:

IMG_1649.JPG

Hope you enjoyed looking at the pictures as much as we enjoy sleeping in our new "rig" :)
Feels free to ask any questions. As this was just built recently, I still remember most details:)

Cheers,
Lukas

Really nice drawer build ! You should post some pictures of the rest of the rig. My questions ....
1) what fuse box are you running in the rear panel ?
2) where were those pictures taken, that looks like a really sweet back yard with the little red foot bridge ?

Edit : I just saw your other pics posted in the expedition thread, that's a good looking truck.

1) what fuse box are you running in the rear panel ?
2) where were those pictures taken, that looks like a really sweet back yard with the little red foot bridge ?

Edit : I just saw your other pics posted in the expedition thread, that's a good looking truck.

Thank you!

The box is actually for marine use. This is a close up without the lid:

fuse box.jpg

Do you need the exact specs? We had the opportunity to use our grandparents backyard... :)

View attachment 937512 View attachment 937513

Finally with the "lid", the sleeping platform attached:

View attachment 937514

When driving you have access to the fridge and other storage. You can fold up the sleeping platfrom for easier access:

View attachment 937515

All put together after many working hours, this is the result:

View attachment 937516

Hope you enjoyed looking at the pictures as much as we enjoy sleeping in our new "rig" :)
Feels free to ask any questions. As this was just built recently, I still remember most details:)

Cheers,
Lukas
That is sweet with the folding platform and the built-in shower. Nice work.

..just found the technical description for you guys:

Attachments

• ENG Drawing.pdf
    150 KB · Views: 173
  • ENG Fuse Box.pdf
    1.4 MB · Views: 125
Nice build, I envy the landscape you'll be taking this rig thru!

Really nice work.

I can translate, if needed

yes tank. And what fridge is that?

nope. I talk real German :p

You are funny guys...okay, back to business :)

The water tank, that created lots or reaction over here as well :)

• It's the u-shaped sturdy plastic tank (walls are around 1 cm in thickness), it has two holes with a threat in them (one on top, one at the bottom)
  • Holds about 14 gallons of water
  • Big filler opening on the right
  • I bought it at a local dealer here, he claims to have them from South Africa, but I couldn't find it on the internet
  • Quite pricey...
The fridge is actually a drawer fridge from waeco coolmatic cd 30

Price is all relative ;)

The drawer is

We had to remove the slider though. Otherwise the door would be in the way and you can not open it. You also gain more space without the drawer and the door still closes!

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom