Diesel 60 series EDIC problem - can I test the relay ? (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Threads
Hi All,

Having another go at fixing my 'wont turn off' problem. Last year I took the EDIC motor off and it tested Ok on the bench on a battery, going through its cycles. I bought a second hand EDIC relay from a breaker (condition unknown) and that made no difference. Both relays look OK inside, with clean points, no burnt components.

Is there a test procedure for the EDIC relay please? ( I found one for a 40 series but different parts).

Checking voltages at the relay plug I got as far as the attached diagram so far. I'm not 100% on what goes where yet, my wire colours seem slightly different, (I'm in the UK). But it does look like I'm getting power via the fusible link. At the weekend I'll try voltages at the relay while cranking the starter (I guess unbolting it will make testing easier ?)

A couple more questions

Where is the Oil pressure switch, couldn't see it yesterday?
Is the rectangular Filter light also my oil pressure light ? That does come on and go out after running a little while which seems correct.
I remember getting the EDIC off last year was a right pain for a big old lump like me. I'd like to test voltages at that connector but its so awkward to get to, are you all slim young and nimble !! How do you access that easier?

Thanks again

IMG_4266 2.jpg

Doh, thought I'd found the problem but no. (changed a faulty oil pressure switch). Does anyone know how to test the EDIC relay please? I have two relays but the fault is the same with both. Everything on the 'over inject phase' works and I tested the EDIC motor on the bench last year.

Doh, thought I'd found the problem but no. (changed a faulty oil pressure switch). Does anyone know how to test the EDIC relay please? I have two relays but the fault is the same with both. Everything on the 'over inject phase' works and I tested the EDIC motor on the bench last year.
Try adding a kill switch for now. Once installed you can almost forget about the issue.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom