SOLD DIESEL 1987 Land Cruiser HJ61 restored & overland ready (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Year
Vehicle Model
  1. 60 Series
After five years of building an awesome road trip overland rig, I'm considering selling my garage queen. Call me crazy, but I have a stock 200 I have plans with.
Talk me out of this. Or if you are interested, contact me for all the details, pictures and live walkaround video of this Land Cruiser. Higher price range. Located in Belgium (as in Brussels, Europe), shipping can be discussed.

1987 Land Cruiser HJ61 custom wagon in a very rare great condition
368.000 km (228.000 miles)

- Comes with complete maintenance history and even the original Japanese delivery manifest coming from the boat. This car has been cared for by all three owners (including me).

- Original 12HT 4-liter turbo diesel with extra intercooler and 5 speed manual transmission - lots of torque and in excellent condition

- 24 volt car, cranks immediately with two new Optima Red Top batteries. A YellowTop is the aux battery for lights, fridge, ...

- NEW professionally installed ARB air lockers front and rear

- manual Aisin front locking hubs

- NEW professionally installed upgraded brakes (HZJ)

- Completely restored chassis (sandblasted, galvanized, powdercoated)

- No rust. Rear wheel arches were restored with new metal and paintjob.

- NEW springs package heavy duty with OME and TJM shocks

- ARB bull bar

- As new Superwinch Talon 12.5 winch with new nylon rope

- Very clean original interior, non-smoking vehicle

- Front seats have their own seat suspension (original Toyota and very rare)

- RAM Mount points for the GPS, smartphone and flashlight.

- All seats are in great condition without damage. The drivers seat is currently a Scheel-Mann seat for better back support. The original drivers seat is as new and comes also with the car.

The last five years I've been building this car for overlanding and holiday road trips:

- Frontrunner roofrack
- Frontrunner flood light with stone protection
- BF Goodrich AT tires on steel wheels
- NEW QuickPitch Awning 270
- NEW QuickPitch sides for Awning 270 (to create large tent next to the car)
- NEW QuickPitch EnSuite (privacy shelter for showers, change clothing, ...)
- NEW Rotopax fuel and water canisters (both unused, just installed)
- NEW Maxtrax plates black
- NEW Garmin Overlander GPS system
- NEW Garmin backup camera
- NEW Optima YellowTop auxiliary battery
- Frontrunner drawer system
- NEW Clearview drop-down sliders
- NEW Clearview pantry kitchen (on slider)
- ARB fridge-freezer 30L (on slider)
- NEW Noco Genius battery charger
- 230 volt Camping connection on rear bumper
- electrical outlets inside the car with overvoltage protection
- safety module to protect main batteries from being drained when the engine is not running
- 24volt to 12 volt converter
- NEW ARB 24volt compressor
- ARB recovery gear
- ARB tire puncture kit
- Exhaust lift jack
- NEW Interior shading window covers (reflecting sunlight in summer, keeping heat in in winter)

More pictures on demand.

There is a custom built offroad trailer to match this HJ61:
- full steel frame
- Knott 1000 kg axle
- custom made heavy duty wheel hubs to match the HJ61 BF Goodrich AT wheels (same tire size as the car, so you have 8 tires in total)
- aluminium side panels
- gas struts to lift the top deck with the RTT (James Baroud Evo) on top of it
- hidden built in 40L watertank Frontrunner
- hidden built in 2x20L diesel tank canisters Frontrunner
- heavy duty cargo slide over the full length of the trailer with tie-down points.
- Frontrunner awning on the back to cover the slide

She's ready to go and never ever let me down with zero mechanical failures! A true testimony to the Toyota build quality and the meticulous maintenance this car received during its life.

Asking price for the car: 44000 euros (52500 USD)
Asking price trailer: 8000 euros (9500 USD)
car + trailer: 58500 USD

Reason for sale: starting a new project build on another Land Cruiser. This HJ61 is well loved and I am in no hurry to sell. This is a car for those who appreciate the heritage and quality.

IMG_2983.jpg

IMG_2984.jpg

IMG_2988.jpg

IMG_3161.jpg

IMG_3853.jpg

Last edited:
It's crazy how this actual, official rule has to be enforced by people pointing it out in every single for-sale thread these days...
I apologise for my stupidity. Just updated the text with the asking prices.

Price?
undercarriage pics? interior pics?
Price just updated in the first post. New pics as requested. Interior: I use a Scheel-Mann seat for better support. But I have the original, newly upholstered drivers seat also in storage.

IMG_4077.jpg

IMG_4079.jpg

IMG_4082.jpg

IMG_4104.jpg

IMG_4122.jpg

Excellent choice on the drivers seat... very nice and unique truck.

oh man, i'm living in Paris right now and this is tempting...just sold my defender 110

Last edited:
I have yet to see a white with gray interior, assuming it is the original paint and/or color. I love the graphics! Euro spec steering wheel is cool. Very nice 60! GLWS. She is beautiful.

I have yet to see a white with gray interior, assuming it is the original paint and/or color. I love the graphics! Euro spec steering wheel is cool. Very nice 60! GLWS. She is beautiful.
Thanks! Yes, all original color and interior.

oh man, i'm living in Paris right now and this is tempting...just sold my defender 110
Ah, come over to the dark side. This HJ61 drives way better then a Defender.

I've got some questions if I'm willing to sell the car and the trailer seperately. The answer is: yes, no problem! The car and all the overland gear on and in it is available for 44000 euros. The trailer with the James Baroud RTT costs 8000 euros.

Last edited:
For those wanting an iconic car to go overlanding after the corona: this mighty diesel powered HJ61 is still for sale. Currently she sits in a heated garage but she is ready to go and fully equipped for great camping and overlanding trips.

Realizing I am beyond-late to this party, but had the trailer also been sold? Thank you!
Hi Kees. Yes, the trailer was sold separately!

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom